Dressed Carcass Picture Chart

Pics
I don't usually take photographs, but I have a few. Data may be incomplete as meat was not their principal purpose.
P1320958.JPG

Year old Dominique, layer pellets and free-range.

P1320960.JPG

Runty 1 yr old Partridge Chantecler rooster, layer pellets and free-range.
P1320961.JPG

Partridge Chantecler, layer pellets and free-range. 1 yr.
P1340390.JPG

Silver Ameraucana cockerel. Layer pellets and free-range. I forget how old he was, perhaps 6 months?
P1340395.JPG

Olive egger hen, 3 yrs. Layer pellets and free-range.
Screenshot from 2019-08-05 10-15-01.png

8-month-old Black Australorp cockerel. Layer pellets and free-range.

Last edited:
0 copy.jpeg

Not a pretty picture... My first Skinning and the first time I had processed in about 5 years. My 3rd overall and the first 2 were disasters.

Ayam Cemani x Red Ranger cockerel (Black skin/meat is a sex link trait only females have in this cross) It was at 20 weeks. although he didn't put on much weight after week 18. I kept putting off butchering him because of previous disasters... I am fishing through my Red Ranger crossing thread to find more pictures. I did not weigh this guy because I had not bought a scale yet.

Here’s my Barnvelder cockerel at around 20 weeks dressed out at 3.8 lbs legs removed to fit in ziplock processed at home.
94E4044C-6A31-4B3E-9017-76691066DD27.png

Compared to my Red Ranger meat birds at 11 weeks and 5.5 lbs, these we had done at a local plant so we can sell them.
20BC2F2E-F590-4B11-9ABD-622F7CFD9F58.png

Parent stock for my meat breeding program, though I lost by heaviest standard Barnvelder Rooster, this boys brother, and am going to try my back up. I’m also wanting to try bresse and dark Cornish

I’m also wanting to try bresse and dark Cornish
Thanks for the pictures, if you want dark shanks on your Bresse/DC cross use the Breese rooster over the Cornish hens and the pullets from the cross should have dark shanks, but for productivity and efficiency a DC rooster mated to Bresse hens is the best as they lay more.

Back
Top Bottom