Drop-Dead Chicken

DaisyDaGuicken

Chirping
Jan 27, 2021
Today I just got back from a road trip, and one of our chickens was dead, it died just like the last one, same place and looked the same. The chicken was a hen and it was just laying and doing fine. I don't know if it was a disease, or if she had a heart attack or something, but If y'all know anything or have had something like this happen to you, help a girl out.

Today I just got back from a road trip, and one of our chickens was dead, it died just like the last one, same place and looked the same. The chicken was a hen and it was just laying and doing fine. I don't know if it was a disease, or if she had a heart attack or something, but If y'all know anything or have had something like this happen to you, help a girl out.
Just like the last one? What do you mean like that? You say you came back from a road trip? How long were you gone?

The only way you’ll know for sure is to send the bird for a necropsy. It depends on how long it has been dead and you can’t freeze the body just refrigerate it. Anything else is a guess. You can search for your state lab on google and call them for info on how and where to send as well as cost.

Just like the last one? What do you mean like that? You say you came back from a road trip? How long were you gone?
I was gone for a week, but they had plenty of food and water so that shouldn't be the cause we have one of those automatic food things, and I have another thread talking about how our last hen died. I was gone for a week on the road trip.

Back
Top Bottom