Drowning in eggs!!! ~~~~Picture Added~~~~

Quote:
DH said after tax time I can get my goats!!!!
ya.gif

You should make flan. It takes 6 eggs. I have a killer flan recipe if you want it. My in-laws always want me to bring it to family get-togethers. Bluie

We give ours away to the neighbors. I always figured if I ever got into selling them I'd put a sign by the road and have a small refrigerator on the porch with a locked money can where people could drive/walk up and serve themselves.

Make some 10 egg pound cakes and sell them with your eggs. Once someone tries it, they'll be back for more and more!

10 Egg Pound Cake

3 cups sugar
2 cups Crisco shortening
10 eggs
3 cups sifted flour
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp rum flavoring
1/2 tsp almond flavoring

Cream Crisco and sugar together well, then add eggs, beating very well after each. Add salt, flavorings & milk, then flour. Bake in an extra large tube pan that has been floured and greased. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Check after 1 hour and 45 min. Cake is done if knife inserted comes out clean.

Chel

Quote:
Sounds good but what is a tube pan??? I've never heard of that. Is it like a loaf pan or one of those round pans with the hole in the middle? I'm a soap maker...not a baker.
wink.png
I've got all the ingredients to make one now, except for the rum and almond flavoring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom