Dry incubation humidity question

Quote:
I think that comes with hatching , we never know why one may quit cause it could be due to a number of issues including deformities , health issues, just to weak to go any further, to heat to high or too low.

But if you get a majority number to hatch then you are doing extremely well.

Even if someone loses 1 to a quitter it doesn't mean it is a bad hatch.

Things will happen it comes with the territory
smile.png

It seems such a shame that it died... Just because! That's it. No explanation whatsoever. I feel like it's always something I did. I'm doing a test run with an LG that I bought right now. We shall see how this goes. I'm on day... 15 in a few hours. All seem to be developed and moving. Some aren't as big as others, but they are still moving. I hope they all make it.

Quote:
Sounds like your doing a good job
smile.png

Whew! I hope so. Lol. I only have 4 eggs in there for the test run. I plan on buying cuckoo maran chicks from a local breeder and raising them with the "test subjects". I'll never tell them that's what they were though. Lol.
wink.png

Quote:
Sounds like your doing a good job
smile.png

Whew! I hope so. Lol. I only have 4 eggs in there for the test run. I plan on buying cuckoo maran chicks from a local breeder and raising them with the "test subjects". I'll never tell them that's what they were though. Lol.
wink.png

LOL, I have a few cuckoo mixes in my bunch dark eggs are always so hard to see but as long as I see the air cell I am happy.

Quote:
wink.png

LOL, I have a few cuckoo mixes in my bunch dark eggs are always so hard to see but as long as I see the air cell I am happy.

My air cells are huge!! I'm doing a dry incubation, so I suppose it's normal, but still I was shocked at the evaporation that took place.

Quote:
wink.png

I have some where I did nto see a air call....Should I remove them or wait?

Quote:

I have some where I did nto see a air call....Should I remove them or wait?

How long have they been incubating?

I incubate dry here also. I have 2 LG's with fans and a brinsea. This is my first batch in the brinsea and countless in the LG's. My humidity runs 20-35% changing with the outside temp. I never fret about the humidity. I up my humidity to 60% at the highest and actually aim for 50-55%. Anything above 65% here and chicks drown every time. My last hatch I had my humidity was a whole 45% at lockdown (due to me forgetting they were hatching) and every single one came right now. The hatch previous to that I had 3 chicks hatch out of 14 silkie eggs and 9 mutt eggs. Humidity hit 70% that time. Chicks were all alive and growing inside of the eggs until lockdown. Then they all died quickly.

Back
Top Bottom