Dry n scabby skin

anniefannie123

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
Hello i baught my 1yr old hen from a farm 5days ago she is very skinny and has no feathers on her head, her skin on the back of her neck and head is a little swolen and scabby, have any one got any sergestions on what i can do for her, and is thair anything i can put on her to stop my other 3 hens picking on her xx any help is very much appreciated xx

It has been a week since you posted.

How is she doing now?

I would want to cover her in oil, like coconut oil or olive oil to help moisturize the skin and help it heal. I also have a herbal, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal spray for horse wounds that I use on chickens. Unfortunately, none of that will help keep the other hens from eating her, so you would have to separate them.

I know lots of people who can't separate their birds use blue cote (but I think it is spelled differently, maybe blue kote).

Oh, I would also check her very carefully for any parasites, give her a dust bathe of wood ash with food grade DE mixed in, and also add a bit of Apple Cider Vinegar to her water....I think it is one tablespoon pr gallon.

Back
Top Bottom