Dual a doodle do's? Or Cockadoodle Doo-Off?

2boxers

Songster
11 Years
Feb 16, 2008
Halifax Co Virginia
I have a big coop that has 15 hens and one roo. Then I have the pre-freezer-camp-holding-area which currently houses seven 15-20wk old roos. These two fenced in areas are about one yard apart. This morning while feeding & watering, I heard one of the young boys "crow". Then a second one went off, then my roo FLoppy sounded off in the main coop, then another young one...it was like Showdown at the Crowing Corral.

Or "This Pen's Got Talent"
or maybe "Coop Idol"

I am still fairly new to all of this, so I was amazed at the distinct difference in each rooster's voice.

Maybe I imagined it, but my hens and young pullets seemed to be
roll.png
at it all.

Quote:
gig.gif

Yes my rooster and my neighbor's two roosters seem to engage in little crow-offs at various times. To me, a rooster crowing is like him saying "I'm still here and you all have to deal with it!"

I got one of those "Crowin Corrals".
Fifthteen bantam roos with 20 bantam hens and alot of space. If they're not crowing on thier own I can get one started and then it's a show-down. Each one does have it's own sound. Just part of the entertainment.

That would be cool if the site here could be able to download sound-clips. Then we could have a "Coop Idol"
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom