Dubbing

Go to Ultimate Fowl Wikipedia then do a search for dubbing. They have a good wright up there and also have link with pictures.

I dub much like the description at Ultimate Fowl but will say that I give Vitamin K pills for 3 to 4 days before dubbing, the Vit. K pills will help in clotting the blood.
I also use Rooster Booster Poultry Cell at the rate of 3 cc's per day orally with a syringe (no needle) for about 4 to 5 days after.

Chris

I also have used the vitamin K pills at times, but only one pill a half hour before dubbing. Never heard of sjarvis00`s ice water method, but I bet it works well. I try to dub in late afternoon/early evening, leaving a little time to observe the bird, but late enough so that he roosts soon after to minimize excercize after the dub. Never had excess bleeding with or without V K or any method I used. Either a towel wrap or a helper and a sharp scissor and a bucket of water to swish his head in is all that`s needed. Not hard at all........Pop

does it bleed a lot and what about pain after it doesn't it hurt aftetr you do it, If I cut my finger off it would hurt still even if I numbed do you give the chicken a pain killer or something to help with it. I have heard of this for cock fighting " I AM NOT EVEN REMOTLY SAYING ANY ONE DOES THIS" but would like to know why you WOULD do this medically or do people do this for looks like the crop and dock a dogs tail could this be the same reason on question id you dub a chiken can you show it or no they dont allow this in the showing.

Curious

Rhayden

Is it also call dubing if you cut the waddles or you do all is called this Sorry don't know much other the the fighting part.

Quote:
It prevents frost-bite for certian, which is and would be much worse than dubbing them. I have had a few that I could sit on leg, hold lossely with one hand when dubbing and not a peep from the bird. they look and act much better, carry themselves much more proudly and are not prone to the debilitaling effects of frostbite. I'd dub a cochin if teh wife would let me would save a lot of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom