D'uccle breeders Database

Pics
Quote:
I'm new at this and still learning but it looks like you had a head start over most of us...
big_smile.png
...you started out with some very good breeding.....I'd love to see more.
pop.gif

Sandy

Thanks for this thread. I have been trying several breeds and have decided I really enjoy the D'Uccles. I, too, am looking for more birds/different genetics and different colors than currently available. I currently have Porcelains and this year I hatched several batches from my hen/roo pair to see what the color and quality of the chicks would be. I managed to find some chicks locally from another breeder, but all the birds have been from hatchery stock. A few look to be turning out well and I was hoping to add some better quality genes to my flock to "breed up" to possibly some show quality birds.

I am very interested in seeing how this thread develops.

Thanks!

Quote:
Are you on the breeders list? I can't remember, you have beautiful birds!

Thanks Celtic, I just love these guys...they are a speciality breed of mine
smile.png
Yes hun, you have me on your breeder list, but my email was never added. Feel free to do so if you like and update to show Blacks as well hun. Thanks so much.

Okay i sent you a PM

Back to my post from the other day. I was thinking that *if* i got some hatchery chicks and paired them with chicks from my birds i have now, plus some eggs i plan on hatching from a breeder, this way i can have a wide base of genetics to work with and not worry about inbreeding. I think there is one person in the area that has D'uccles, maybe two, i have to start with something.

mille fleur color. I need to bring up his little girl friend from my other big coop she is very cute too.Then I will have a true pair.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom