D'uccle breeders Database

Pics
I am just starting with D'uccles. I have Porcelain, Gold Neck and whites of both sexes....Mille, Blue Mille and mottled in pullets only. They are still too young to lay so are in mixed pens for now. Have at least 2-3 porcelain pairs for sale as well. No eggs until later this year.

Okay, I just posted a link to this thread on the Belgian d'uccles club discussion board, so hopefully we'll get more d'uccle breeders coming out of the woodworks. It's up to us all to preserve this breed by sharing the best from our flocks
wink.png

Okay guys, any updates? Any eggs from hatches this year yet? Nothing from mine, Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to raid the duccles out of the TSC bin next season to broaden my blood lines? along with hatching my own eggs and eggs from other breeders?

Quote:
IMO, you have to be careful, because even if you get a SQ bird from the bin it may not throw SQ babes.

I swear I think my lavenders (bought from someone else, bought from a hatchery) were crossed with a cochin somewhere in their past. That's why I crossed them to the MF and will cross back to get (hopefully) better feather quality.

Color-wise:
My lavenders when bred to each other throw all lav babes. But there was mottling somewhere in their genes, because they are throwing black mottled babies rather than all black babies in this first cross MF x lav. My millies are heritage and I know they are not causing this.
I shouldn't have seen mottling in this generation, according to the Henk calculater....

That's my point about bin chicks: What you see is only part of the breeding equation.

Last edited:
Quote:
That just means you have lavenders that are split to mottled - I'm guessing because maybe they were bred from porcelains. But now you have black mottleds that are split to lavender - breed them together, and you'll have some lavender mottleds.

Quote:
That just means you have lavenders that are split to mottled - I'm guessing because maybe they were bred from porcelains. But now you have black mottleds that are split to lavender - breed them together, and you'll have some lavender mottleds.

Exactly. That's what I mean about not knowing what else makes up each bird's genetic 'soup'.

Yup, I'm looking forward to seeing what diverse combos of colors I can breed from these chicks
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom