1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

D'uccle breeders Database

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by teddiliza, Apr 15, 2010.

1. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Quote:That just means you have lavenders that are split to mottled - I'm guessing because maybe they were bred from porcelains. But now you have black mottleds that are split to lavender - breed them together, and you'll have some lavender mottleds.

Exactly. That's what I mean about not knowing what else makes up each bird's genetic 'soup'.

Yup, I'm looking forward to seeing what diverse combos of colors I can breed from these chicks [​IMG]

I'm working on a similar project with the blacks/lavs, and have a couple other projects going on as well. I've done MF x Lav breedings also, and to Porc as well. Ended up with some really neat colors the past year, including blacks (that I wish were either pure black or more the birch type [​IMG] ). Either way I now have 2 lavender mottled hens, one darker, one lighter. 2 black pullets w/gold/bronze lacing, and a few I'm uncertian of WHAT to call them, lol. I believe one little roo may be what you are calling "butterscotch", but am not 100% sure. I'll try and load a few pics a bit later so you can see my "funky feather" crew [​IMG]
    I currently have: MF, Lav, Porc. and Golden necks outside of my project colors. Would love to see your blacks and butterscotch [​IMG]

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:I would love to compare pics of MF x lav chicks! Sounds like yours are considerably older than mine. I may get new pics this afternoon, if it doesn't rain, since today is coop cleaning day.

My butterscotch project is currently a Goldneck pair that got the best ratings of all my birds at the recent show, and a pullet that is such a pale cream that she looks white.
    The buff mottled hen that I wanted to keep using for breeding dislocated her leg, though, and was wasting away despite treatment (had to out her down). I do have some other Goldneck chicks from Camelot, plus a few of DeeDee's chicks that hatched out before she got hurt. So 'butterscotch' is in it's infancy. I'll be breeding back to lavender from the blacks before I see any true, even-colored butters. I now have 3 different bloodlines in my 'golden' flock to work with, though.

My DH likes the Goldnecks better, and thinks the butterscotch birds would be 'too bland' in comparison.
    And I am still working on finding some fresh, high-quality 'blood-line' millies to add to my existing flock.

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have a MF trio that I got from someone in Arkansas. Do ya'll thinks he looks ok? He was hatched around January.
    [​IMG]
    He has more white on him now. He seems to change daily.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  4. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I have a trio of Mille Duccles for sale for $35
    Plus have 3 of their chicks for sale at 3 months for $5ea
    and have one of shay's Mille Frizzles project birds. Hes a rooster and is frizzled with the mille colors. $10 for him
    Most pictures youi can see on my website

5. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:Pssttt i cant find a pic of the frizzle d'uccle on your web [​IMG]

6. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Soo its true i made a black gold milli d'uccle from my colors woohoo, and he is frizzle yay sooo cute. he is getting in the gold milli pattern throw his black feathers. [​IMG]

7. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:IMO

He looks refine, but it could be the picture, The angle of his wings and vulture hocks are off, they should be parallel. How is his foot feathering?

8. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I didn't know that about the vulture hocks and wing angles. He has feathering on is outer toes only. Thanks alot for your help.[​IMG]

9. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    how is his beard and muff doing?

10. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Was digging through some of my pics and ran across these of my old man, Red...Appropriately named after his creator, my grandpa "Red Bowman" [​IMG] Even though he has a flat pinched comb, he has produced some of the best offspring I've ever had, and has not (as yet) produced a flat/dull comb except for one roo I've held back. Feel free to critique him as I already know his faults (grin) but did want to share some of my foundation stock w/the rest of you for reference, compairison (sp?) and advancement. Fire away [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by