D'uccle breeders Database

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by teddiliza, Apr 15, 2010.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:I wanted to but there feet feathers are not looking so good [​IMG]

Ah, thats a bummer.

Yea and a couple were looking soo good. [​IMG] oh well maybe next round.

2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Oh, funny you said that, I went to your website, saw a picture that looked VERY familiar, then realized its the one on my BYC calendar hanging in my room. Congrats on having your bird's pic in there [​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks! Yeah that is my "Little Guy" who now represents the month of September for BYC!

3. Cha Cha Chicken

Cha Cha Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    a company called My pet chicken has d'uccle eggs- look my pet chicken.com up online and you can order some!
    (I am in no way associated with my pet chicken- just like their eggs!)
    even though I have no d'uccles, I love and adore them![​IMG]

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:Thank you! I think alot of us are trying to breed SQ (show quality) birds, hatcheries don't have the quality that we are looking for, although they birds look like "duccles" when it comes down to the specifics they just don't hold up.

So guys, ive been searching for a Porc Roo for my hens, but ive been having a bust, anyone know where to look? I have checked ovabid.com and posted here.

5. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    okay... hat is in the ring... I have two mottled D'Uccles... and three IDK's ... I crossed a mottled D'uccle with a Columbian Buff d'uccle and got these beautiful golden necked things....I am going to breed them back to pops and back to each other and see what I get...lest someone already knows... (that would be a real shortcut.)

I can ship eggs... If anyone is interested... (I don't sell them but would send some off just for tickles.)...

6. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:Thank you! I think alot of us are trying to breed SQ (show quality) birds, hatcheries don't have the quality that we are looking for, although they birds look like "duccles" when it comes down to the specifics they just don't hold up.

So guys, ive been searching for a Porc Roo for my hens, but ive been having a bust, anyone know where to look? I have checked ovabid.com and posted here.

Psstttt i have one, he is sweet, he is nice looking but not sure on the sq.

also gypsylion is selling hers and she got him from a show breeder i belive.

7. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    yay for more breeders! Im acutally currently working updating the breeder's database, if you would like to be added PM me your Name (optional), Verietys you have, Location(Optional) and email!

I would love to see some pictures of you "gold neck things"

8. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Okay guys i went through and updated the Duccle Breeder's Database! and im sure many of you guys got PMs from me! Please check out the chart and make sure everything is accurate. If you have ANY suggestions i would definitely be open to hearing them! Also if you are not listed on it please PM me with your information and i would be more than willing to add you!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:So I guess I didn't make the cut? [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html
    According to the chicken calculator, this crossing results in 100% black-patterned gold columbian.

Oops, my bad, I did that for mille fluer and buff columbian, be right back. [​IMG]

Okay, new calculation. Hens and roosters (chicks) would be black split to mottled with a mottled X buff columbian crossing.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by