Duccle colour genetics?

chookchooks123

Hatching
Mar 30, 2022
Have a milliefleur belgian duccle roo i would like to breed with my girls, wondering what sort of colours i would get if i were to breed him with the following :

Lemon milliefleur
Milliefleur
Porcelain
Black mottled
Buff Columbian

I figure a lot of these would probably end up being random, and no particular colour
Any other colours someone might recommend to breed with him?

Have a milliefleur belgian duccle roo i would like to breed with my girls, wondering what sort of colours i would get if i were to breed him with the following :

Lemon milliefleur
Milliefleur
Porcelain
Black mottled
Buff Columbian

would probably end up being random, and no particular colour
From the mille fleur hen you will get normal mille fleurs.
Assuming the Lemon gene is recessive, you will also get all mille fleurs, and they will all carry the Lemon gene, but won't show it.
From the Porcelain, you will also get all normal mille fleurs, but they will all carry the
porcelain gene, but won't show it.
I'm pretty sure black mottled genes and mille fleur genes are basically the same,
So you may end up with a little bit of both.
I hoped this helped!

Lemon milliefleur
Milliefleur
Porcelain
Black mottled
Buff Columbian

I figure a lot of these would probably end up being random, and no particular colour
Black mottled x mille fleur - black mottled with red leakage, or mille fleur with a lot more black than normal

Buff columbian x mille fleur - all buff columbians, or half buff columbians and half mille fleurs

From the mille fleur hen you will get normal mille fleurs.
Assuming the Lemon gene is recessive, you will also get all mille fleurs, and they will all carry the Lemon gene, but won't show it.
From the Porcelain, you will also get all normal mille fleurs, but they will all carry the
porcelain gene, but won't show it.
I'm pretty sure black mottled genes and mille fleur genes are basically the same,
So you may end up with a little bit of both.
I hoped this helped!
The “porcelain” gene is actually the lavender gene, and the “lemon” gene is actually the cream gene. But, you are correct, they are both recessive.

Back
Top Bottom