d'Uccle Cult

Pics
Henrietta is now looking to be a Henry..!!! He’s all of a sudden grown a comb at almost 4 weeks!!!
3087BA63-6091-4F5C-865C-497F40400FE6.jpeg

I don't have any d'uccles but I hope to get some soon. I love the Mille fleur variety but we're I live I can barely find chickens except at TSC which never have the rarer breeds. I wanted to join this thread to learn more about the breed
They are a carazy little bunch of birdies!!!
Don't like to be the usual temp of newly hatched babies, luv to play in their water, and crawl alllllll over ya! Literally scream for ya attention! I thought satins n silkies were attention hogs! Nope its d'uccles!

Last edited:
They are a carazy little bunch of birdies!!!
Don't like to be the usual temp of newly hatched babies, luv to play in their water, and crawl alllllll over ya! Literally scream for ya attention! I thought satins n silkies were attention hogs! Nope all d'uccles!
Love it! I have 3 Easter Eggers just like that except for the water. I love to be around my birds so it sounds right up my alley

3 weeks old now and moved to the big run in brooder.
Need 2 more names for these little eager babies! They absolutely LUV being out in the run! I just have to watch my 6 wk old Satin Daisy cuz she bullies em!
So I have d'uccles Gabbie and _______ & ________

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-175601_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-175601_Photos.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 3
3 weeks old now and moved to the big run in brooder.
Need 2 more names for these little eager babies! They absolutely LUV being out in the run! I just have to watch my 6 wk old Satin Daisy cuz she bullies em!
So I have d'uccles Gabbie and _______ & ________
I’m terrible at naming things haha. You could go with a gymnastics theme since they’re so active :) Gabbie (Douglas) Simone (Biles) and Suni (Lee)!🙃

As for your other question, I was told week 4-5 is when the boy comb becomes more obvious! For such little birds the boys get pretty big combs! In straight comb birds, you want to watch for a color change from pale skin color to almost a red/orange color. It will look small and unnoticeable until it’s not. Those will be your boys! So you might know by next week at the earliest if any are of concern :)

Calla and Lily are almost 12 weeks now 😧 And they’re just the cutest! Lily is not going to be show quality it seems, as her beard is non-existent and shows no signs of being late either. She’s gonna end up looking more like a booted bantam, but I no care! She’s precious and I love her! 😍
4F22C459-6B3B-4320-A6FA-CCA7E01FF863.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom