d'uccle newbie question hen or roo

KittysKoop

In the Brooder
May 14, 2016
Texas
I am new to d'uccle and a lady gave me these 2 because her big girls were picking on them. They have become my favorite! Could someone tell me if they are hen or roo and what type the orange one is? I figured out the white is a porcelain, but not sure of the sex of either one...

Attachments

• IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    800.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I am new to d'uccle and a lady gave me these 2 because her big girls were picking on them. They have become my favorite! Could someone tell me if they are hen or roo and what type the orange one is? I figured out the white is a porcelain, but not sure of the sex of either one...
I don't know of any orange D'Uccles unless they are millis but Millie's have spots of black and white on orangish backround. It may be a booted bantum. Check Feathersite.com for D'Uccles and colors.The porclen is a roo.the other ma be a pullet not as red a comb as the Porcelain.

They are about 6 months. Maybe it is a mille. I just checked feathersite.com and didnt even know this page existed. It looks like mille's don't get their true color until their first molt. Everyone says the porcelain is a roo, but I dont see it. I swear the shape of feathers are the same as the hen, but the comb is a little bigger, but maybe they have to be older to tell as well. Thank you both. I love these little birds.

Back
Top Bottom