D'uccle Thread

How are your d'Uccles handling the cold?
My D'uccles didnt seem to care a bit aside from holding eggs hostage inside of themselves in silent protest lol.

No the banty's snuggle up between the LF.....LF...Banty...LF....banty etc on the roost poles, their smart little birds. Sometimes i will also find like 6 of the banty's snuggled up in the communal nest aka old shower pan with bedding for the night.

My D'uccles are holding up pretty well here in CT with zero degree temps.

I actually have a trio of Milles if anyone is interested. They're not quite SQ but not bad. Good bearding and foot feathering. 1 Roo 2 hens, between 1 1/2-2yrs old. PM me if interested.

Yep.... My "Violet" is a roo, haha. Now named "V". :/ Still, very sweet. Anyone know when they start to crow? Depending on how loud will depend if I can keep him.

My d'Uccles are doing well with the cold, though they don't want to come out into the run
tongue.png
. I'm am still getting lots of eggs though.I need to put some healing salve on my roosters combs, since they have mild frost bite.

Yep.... My "Violet" is a roo, haha. Now named "V".
hmm.png
Still, very sweet. Anyone know when they start to crow? Depending on how loud will depend if I can keep him.

He looks like he's about crowing age now. Maybe a few more weeks.

My d'Uccles are doing well with the cold, though they don't want to come out into the run :p . I'm am still getting lots of eggs though.I need to put some healing salve on my roosters combs, since they have mild frost bite.

He looks like he's about crowing age now. Maybe a few more weeks.

If i remember right... He should be 9 weeks old. I have to go back and look exactly how old. ^.^' He's not even trying. He just likes to perch.

Omg! I walked outside to put them in their cage for the night, and about three local ferel cats were in the kennel area with them. However, the everyone was fine. I think they are used to cats due to mine, and just chased them. The Roos on their side and cats on the other. Good to know, but still gonna lock them up when not home and every night. Haha.

Poor frost bite on your rooster. Hope he gets better. Lucky it doesn't get that cold here.

Back
Top Bottom