D'uccle Thread

Blue Mottled Belgian Bearded D'uccle
Your Roo actually looks split to the Mille Fleur color. They are not horrible birds so nevermind the FB peoples...most of us dont have perfect looking D'uccles because their very hard to get perfect.

Blue barbu d'uccle is not exactly wrong but it is the european name for the bred and they have different color names so it would not be blue there.
Thank you for the information misfit.

Thank you for the information misfit.
Your Welcome
hugs.gif

I'm not here to get picked apart on quality, FB has already done this. I bought this pair for my sons fair project this year and I believe they called them Blue Barbu d'uccle and just want to clarify the color for informational purposes only. Feathers are a bit beat up for the small cage they had them in. Thanks in advance.
It's not an identified pure color. The only thing it is pure is pure mix. I wouldn't give that a name except a "mixed color." It does look to have both blue mottled and Mille. If your looking for a project that's definitely one. Breed them and raise out the chicks to see what colors are dominately thrown. Whatever it is you have in mind to do with them I hope you accomplish that. It's definitely a cool thing to get your kids into. I will most definitely involve my future kids in it:) good luck

It's not an identified pure color. The only thing it is pure is pure mix. I wouldn't give that a name except a "mixed color." It does look to have both blue mottled and Mille. If your looking for a project that's definitely one. Breed them and raise out the chicks to see what colors are dominately thrown. Whatever it is you have in mind to do with them I hope you accomplish that. It's definitely a cool thing to get your kids into. I will most definitely involve my future kids in it:) good luck
They are blue mottled just not SQ i understand the APA doesnt reconize Blue Mottled yet but other countries do....its kind of like saying you have a labradoodle, is it a reconized breed, no but it is in fact a labradoodle...The roo is almost surely split to Mille Fleur..that is generally what causes the MF color hackles and saddle on the blue mottled.

The roo in this pic is an example of a Blue mottled split to MF
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ccle-split-to-mille-fleur-hatching-eggs-24-hr

They are blue mottled just not SQ i understand the APA doesnt reconize Blue Mottled yet but other countries do....its kind of like saying you have a labradoodle, is it a reconized breed, no but it is in fact a labradoodle...The roo is almost surely split to Mille Fleur..that is generally what causes the MF color hackles and saddle on the blue mottled.

The roo in this pic is an example of a Blue mottled split to MF
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ccle-split-to-mille-fleur-hatching-eggs-24-hr

They are not "blue mottled." That would definitely mislead people to think you have, for example, what is in my profile pic. I am well aware that blue mottleds are not an APA recognized color. What you have is a "mix" color nothing more. I guarantee you breed them to each other it would blend the color even further. You won't get either pure Milles or pure blue mottled.

They are not "blue mottled." That would definitely mislead people to think you have, for example, what is in my profile pic. I am well aware that blue mottleds are not an APA recognized color. What you have is a "mix" color nothing more. I guarantee you breed them to each other it would blend the color even further. You won't get either pure Milles or pure blue mottled.
hmm....how is your blue mottled hen different from their hen aside from theirs having more white? I'm honestly wondering because i have blue mottled on my list of colors to get so i want to know if you can visually tell them apart aside from all the variables such as to much white, to little white etc? i would hate to buy blue mottled to breed only to find out their some odd mixed thing and only looked blue.

hmm....how is your blue mottled hen different from their hen aside from theirs having more white? I'm honestly wondering because i have blue mottled on my list of colors to get so i want to know if you can visually tell them apart aside from all the variables such as to much white, to little white etc? i would hate to buy blue mottled to breed only to find out their some odd mixed thing and only looked blue.

I wasn't specifically talking about the hen, mainly the rooster. Add in the dominate black Mott gene which is what the blue hen has and see what colors will come from them.

Hi, a person on one of the threads I follow is looking for Porcelain D'Uccle Hatching eggs to ship to Georgia, I thought a would help :) If you are selling any please either PM me, PM them at @promiselandfarm5 and post on this thread : https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/954786/wanted-porcelain-duccle-hatching-eggs-please-help

Thanks in Advance and have a great day :)

There are some on The Just in Time Hatching Eggs Auction thread right now! Was only posted about an hour ago from TJs Chickens

Back
Top Bottom