D'uccle Thread

This is my Millie rooster, Ronnie. I really love most about him except he has sparse middle-toe feathering. I'm no expert though,and would like other people's opinions on him. I have other birds, but I do really like him. Thanks for anyone with input on him! :)

This is my Millie rooster, Ronnie. I really love most about him except he has sparse middle-toe feathering. I'm no expert though,and would like other people's opinions on him. I have other birds, but I do really like him. Thanks for anyone with input on him!
smile.png

For showing? A side view would help a lot in order to judge the bird. As for his front side, very inconsistent pattern. His beard looks picked or molted out. You stated not good foot feathering, that's about all we can get from this pic.

He's my least favorite in color of the eight that I got from the breeder. Sorry about only one picture, I had four others that were supposed to upload with that one, but I have trouble uploading pictures with either of my Samsungs. I'll try to get a side view of him.
I am hoping to show some of my birds, but not until I get my quarantine pens set up completely and there isn't much competition for the D'uccles in my part of PA - I don't want to win by default.
His beard is picked, all my roos have been fighting since I took the ruler of the roost out. -_- Haha.
Also, I'm worrying more about the type right now, rather than the color. I'm not using him for Millie breeding, so his color isn't as much of a concern to me.

Last edited:
The app let's me upload them brilliantly.:D

As an additional note he just started to show his spangling four months ago during a molt. He's a little over a year and a half.

Last edited:
My girl does great! Only think is you need a good dry run or coop floor because the winter snow and mud will mess up their beautiful foot feathers. I keep sand in my coop and fun floor. It works great!
do u have any egg pictures? how big are the eggs?

Yes

The stand ars size egg is from a EE. The smaller is from My duccle. They lay a cream or lightly tented egg.

This is my girl.

She is such a sweet girl. She loves to come up and greet me like this every time I fo out to the coop. She is a golden neck duccle.

Back
Top Bottom