D'uccle Thread

I got 2 chicks at TSC from bantam bin thinking they were Sebrights. But turns out they may infact be D'uccle? Anythign you can tell me about the breed? Or the "colors" That I have? They are feathered legged so I know no Sebrights. the two in the back. middle and right. you can see the feathers coming in. They are 1 week old or so.
They look like my mille fleur chicks I hatched last year =)

I got 2 chicks at TSC from bantam bin thinking they were Sebrights. But turns out they may infact be D'uccle? Anythign you can tell me about the breed? Or the "colors" That I have? They are feathered legged so I know no Sebrights. the two in the back. middle and right. you can see the feathers coming in. They are 1 week old or so.
the two in back definately look like Mille Fleur......the other two yellow chicks i think might be cochin. If you can take pictures of the wings extended we could tell you for sure. i'm only basing the cochin off the fact the yellow one on the left looks bigger then the Mille's and their wings look like they might be all white. If you know what hatchery they used it would be easy to narrow down. Personality wise D'uccle are usually very friendly, easy to handle, not flightly but some dont like when you go to pick them up but once you have them settled in your hand they calm. Mine seem to do fine in the cold of northern michigan and the heat so they are hardy. Hatchery birds can be less hardy though, so they are not always a good example of the breed over all.

EDIT: the more i see this pic the more i am wondering you the yellow fluffs have all white wings or white and gold aka golden neck

Last edited:
In other news.....the possible frizzle cochin is NOT a cochin. So i apprently have a frizzle Mille Fleur D'uccle, that should be interesting. i also called and talked to my TSC and told them what had happened and they replaced my 5 chicks for free. So i got all 8 D'uccles that were in the bin lol. All porcelain by what i saw last night except one more mille...so i have 3 MF and 7 porcelain atm. Hopefully they do not crook again, i have them in the hatcher this time and they are not all huddled together, i also got some vitamin and mineral powder and some electrolyte and probiotic.

In other news.....the possible frizzle cochin is NOT a cochin. So i apprently have a frizzle Mille Fleur D'uccle, that should be interesting. i also called and talked to my TSC and told them what had happened and they replaced my 5 chicks for free. So i got all 8 D'uccles that were in the bin lol. All porcelain by what i saw last night except one more mille...so i have 3 MF and 7 porcelain atm. Hopefully they do not crook again, i have them in the hatcher this time and they are not all huddled together, i also got some vitamin and mineral powder and some electrolyte and probiotic.
my golden neck duccle is the best! Does fine in the nc cold and fine in the nc heat of summer. She is on eof my sweetest hens, she comes running up to me for treats, her and my red cochin bantam. Food luck with your New babies

the two in back definately look like Mille Fleur......the other two yellow chicks i think might be cochin. If you can take pictures of the wings extended we could tell you for sure. i'm only basing the cochin off the fact the yellow one on the left looks bigger then the Mille's and their wings look like they might be all white. If you know what hatchery they used it would be easy to narrow down. Personality wise D'uccle are usually very friendly, easy to handle, not flightly but some dont like when you go to pick them up but once you have them settled in your hand they calm. Mine seem to do fine in the cold of northern michigan and the heat so they are hardy. Hatchery birds can be less hardy though, so they are not always a good example of the breed over all.

EDIT: the more i see this pic the more i am wondering you the yellow fluffs have all white wings or white and gold aka golden neck

Those are just red pullets, not Cochins :)

Those are just red pullets, not Cochins :)
That would explain why they were bigger lol...i thought you had gotten 4 because of the "two in the back, middle and right" now that i picked up on the whole "i got 2" part i get it..duh lol
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom