D'uccle Thread

I’d say it’s worth a shot! :DNot sure where you are but around where I am, there is not a lot of quality d’Uccles at shows. Your pullet is young, so she’ll fill out some more, but already has fairly nice type and holds that tail nice and high, lovely beard and comb, and her spangles seem pretty even though lots of white for such a young bird(she’ll get even whiter each molt, you don’t want them too white too early) are you thinking of showing at a fair or an ABA/APA sanctioned show? Best of luck! She’s adorable!:)

I’d say it’s worth a shot! :DNot sure where you are but around where I am, there is not a lot of quality d’Uccles at shows. Your pullet is young, so she’ll fill out some more, but already has fairly nice type and holds that tail nice and high, lovely beard and comb, and her spangles seem pretty even though lots of white for such a young bird(she’ll get even whiter each molt, you don’t want them too white too early) are you thinking of showing at a fair or an ABA/APA sanctioned show? Best of luck! She’s adorable!:)
Tallahassee. Don't really know anything about it though. It's just when i poted the pic on the local backyard flock FB page people really responded like crazy. Yeah she's pretty spotty already. Too bad. Would have liked her to keep that.

*GASP

I NEVER HAVE SEEN THIS THREAD?!

*FAINTS

(Belgian bantam Super fan here)
Belgian  sketch 2.png

Hi! I should introduce myself! I am Laura! I love Belgian bantams! I have four, a D'uccle millefleur called Tango (no pics available sorry), a D'uccle mottled black called Oreo, a lavender D'uccle called Sugar and a D'uccle called Spice who kinda looks like a D'anver...she is black with the gold around her neck like a black star chicken would have, she is pretty but sure is a mystery. I only have one pic of Oreo (I know, sorry...will try to get more of all of them).
IMG_1059.jpeg

I also have 5 other chickens: Nugget (blue laced barnevelder), Coco (silver laced wyandotte), Peri (lavender araucana), Honey (buff Colombian wyandotte bantam), and Pebbles (silkie mix).
Here are some pics of some of them :p
IMG_1063.jpeg
IMG_1080.jpeg
IMG_1198.jpeg

Hi, I am reviving the D´Uccle chat! 🐓

I am a D´Uccle exhibitor. I have 3 Mille Fleur D´Uccle hens, 1 Silver Mille Fleurs D´Uccle hen, 1 Silver Mille Fleur D´Uccle rooster, and 1 Mottled D´Uccle hen. I have raised other varieties too. I love breeding D´Uccles with other breeds. My favorite mix is a D´Uccle x Serama! If you want to see pictures I have lots.

Back
Top Bottom