D'uccle Thread

Quote:
Cyn, is the one in question the lighter one of the two girls? If so, it could just be that the mom was a very light MF. I have one that is very light and I can tell her babies apart from the rest when they hatch because of it.

I agree with Spook.

We are getting snow again.
It is not as cold today because of the snow.
We will have to keep an eye out.

Speckledhen
You will see a difference as they grow out. we have some that start lighter like that then darken up. Again I am starting to learn which ones are from which pairing.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
Doug,I actually broke a sweat out there, putting another coop together and debating on adding a heat lamp or bulb. I will wait to see how they are living now to make sure I don't over shock them in this "heat wave"! It is snowing here too, its fluffy powdery but no real promise of anything above 10*F , its better then Monday morning when my sweetie went out to work and had to put the electric heater in his car to thaw out the ignition. Imagine!!!

Can you explain to me this word means? wans You used it with the line regarding pairings.

Quote:
Must learn how to spell. Or learn how to have the fingers do what the brain is telling them to do.

gig.gif
Don't mean to pick on you...just usually I read type-0's well! I just assumed it was a new name for young chicks... LOL!

Quote:
Must learn how to spell. Or learn how to have the fingers do what the brain is telling them to do.

gig.gif
Don't mean to pick on you...just usually I read type-0's well! I just assumed it was a new name for young chicks... LOL!

No Problem
Sometimes I hit the submit with out proof reading.

I don't think my millies are ready to lay any time soon. I notice they keep knocking the roos away from them. Tennessee is very glad I put 2 project girls in his pen. They give him the adoration he craves and are always near him. The 3 millie hens are so relieved that they aren't even giving the two n00bs the 'pecking order' treatment!
TNB has resigned himself to being a forage provider and cuddler. It's the only time his ladies pay him any attention. When he dances, they all turn their backs on him and walk off in a huff.

The project boy doesn't seem to be in any hurry to breed anyone. He's too busy showing off by picking fights with the roos on either side of his pen. He did make sure his girls ate all the scratch I threw in their pen last night. He has some manners, at least.

Orion is the only roo with a willing (and laying) hen in the pen. I hope we stay above freezing so I can get more viable eggs in the bator...

My daughter's science class wants to borrow a bator and eggs for hatching. I had no problem with this until she said she wanted to use the Brinsea. Um, WHAT?
ep.gif

She doesn't like the ida of them using a styrobator and I don't like the idea of my good bator being at the school.
They say I am getting all the chicks back, and I sure hope that's true, because if they borrow my best bator then I'm filling it with d'Uccle eggs, too!!!

I have ours in on the porch in the pen with 2 other birds, no eggs. None, Nada.

Funny thing is, I have the 3 MF D's in with a bantam Cochin & a Standard Cochin...those little D's will walk up and intimidate the st. Cochin!!! Its probably seeings there is a age difference but to feed bread to them, I have to laugh! One will snatch it from the other, but the D's have to run and jump to grab it out of the Std Cochins beak!

Have a wonderful day, I'll catch up with you all later...doctors appt that I totally dread
hide.gif
Isn't life much better living in denial?
hit.gif

I feel your all's pain too, Out of my 18 hens none are laying. I sold the gal who must have been laying last week from my 'younger' coop along with a rooster I'd been saving for the right home. I do have an egg eater barred rock in the big coop whom I've let stay in there d/t weather. I hope she doesn't teach the others bad habits. She'll get her own coop next month when it warms up a bit (pet hen)

Back
Top Bottom