D'uccle Thread

Quote:
According to the Chicken Calculator you will get Black mottled unless one of them is carrying some thing recessive.

This is good info to have as I've thought about adding mottleds in my program to use with various colors. Black almost always bleeds through (dominant) from what i've seen. However F2 gen is what I would be interested in knowing what would be produced. What color do you think my odd ball child is Doug? Lemon or silver??

I have heard that black mottled breeders have a hard time keeping the red from bleeding through, especially on roosters. So you may not get SQ black mottleds, if that's a consideration when you consider adding them to MF's.

GC, I have 5 eggs going into lockdown. I don't why the others failed, unless shipping just took a real toll on them. Makes me sad, as they started out so strongly.

Quote:
According to the Chicken Calculator you will get Black mottled unless one of them is carrying some thing recessive.

This is good info to have as I've thought about adding mottleds in my program to use with various colors. Black almost always bleeds through (dominant) from what i've seen. However F2 gen is what I would be interested in knowing what would be produced. What color do you think my odd ball child is Doug? Lemon or silver??

from the looks it could go either way. So I will say Time will tell all.

My little porcelain Echo. She is no longer with us but I had to share!!
43191_echo_in_office.jpg

43191_echo_in_office_2.jpg

Hey everybody...I too have been lurking. Trying to wait patiently for these eggs to grow.

GC...I did a gentle candling at 5 days and it only looked like maybe 2-3 were developing. Plan to look again tomorrow which will be day 10. I suppose whatever is going to develop should have done something by then! Aside from the postal mishap,
rant.gif
everything else has been holding steady.
fl.gif
I will keep you posted.

Great biddies everyone, love the chicks, love the BYC bird too! LOL Happily our girls are beginning to talk like they want to begin laying. They have been sharing the brooder on the porch with a B. Cochin & the Std Cochin "chicks"- 4 month olds and one of my hens is attacking the Std.Cochin pullet. I'd assume that it would be the other way and fight with the bantam cochin roo. Time to separate them! Buggers!

Ah well, I'll deal with the headache only if they would just lay fertilized eggs!!! I want baby pictures too!....
jumpy.gif

Guess I can only enjoy what you guys share!!! Keep sharing! (In just don't understand genetics. I have read the other thread, but its greek to me)

Gypsy, Doug

thank you for answering my question
smile.png
I have a couple nice Milles, but they are just pets and anything I hatch out will just be for myself and as pets to people who have grown attracted to my d'uccles. So SQ or not bleeding through isn't an issue. was just wondering what the outcome might be if I were to get the mottleds from my friend.
smile.png

Thanks again you guys.

Quote:
There is a breeder (can't remember his name at the moment) who breeds here in California. He told me a MF x Black Mottled would produce Brown Red. I'll see if I can dig up his email addy & send him the question.
smile.png

Okay, Here's a question, One of my youngest porcelain roo's has a few neck feathers with a dark grey/almost blue bar. It runs perpendicular to the feather shaft. Would that be some sort of color disqualification?

I'll have to get pics....

6152_sugardaddyporcelain.jpg

Okay, you can't even see it...
hmm.png
Let's try again:
'

6152_img_3645.jpg

He was really getting sick of the pictures, how about a younger picture:....

6152_sugarboy.jpg

There, now you can kind of see a tiny dark grey bar running perpendicular to the feather shaft......

Back
Top Bottom