D'uccle Thread

Oh man Doug, those look pretty healthy and content! Beautiful birds, thank you so much for sharing. Tomorrow I'll try to get a picture of my monsters.
I picked up 5 layers last night from a couple who couldn't care for them, adoption mission, and they said that they ran out of food "today", got them home and they ate a gallon worth of pellets and a gallon of water last night. Gulping pellets down. Its sad, but its getting to the point of us poultry people need to keep our ears open for saving or re-homing birds. Glad I had the extra pen. (now if they were only D'uccle's!)
D.gif

Hello everyone, sorry I've not been on in a while...kinda been lurking on all the lists
smile.png
Thought I'd post some new pics of my "Oddball" baby. I already shared some of these with a few here, but thought I'd post for everyone to see. You can tell with the millie and black chicks that s/he is very different coloration.

WGC, AC & CP...how are the eggs doing?? Please keep me updated. Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm....Especially U Doug
wink.png
And I love the lavs you posted
love.gif

39809_d18.jpg
39809_d22.jpg

39809_d39.jpg
39809_sdd2.jpg

39809_sdd3.jpg

Last edited:
Misty, odd ball baby is gorgeous and very cute!
love.gif

I have other eggs in lockdown right now, so I am not able to check your right now, but I will let you know as soon as I can candle them.
fl.gif

Hey quick question you guys? What would I get maybe if I crossed Mille Fleur with Black mottled? Someone I know has some Black mottleds they are going to rehome, and I am curious if I get them and put them in with my Milles what color offspring might I come up with? lol

Quote:
Thank AC, it's a neat looking lil bugger that I hope is either lemon or silver. Right now I'm leaning toward silver tho
smile.png
but time will tell for sure. YES, please do let me know how the eggs are doing soon as you can get to them. Seems like WGC's started well but then she lost a couple, so I'd appreciate any updates you might send my way. Take care hun.

Quote:
Hi SOS, This is one breeding I've never tried to do, althought you 'may' end up with some interesting colors
smile.png
If you decide to go that venue, keep us posted on what you end up with. In the mean time, check out henks calculator and see what possible offspring would be. Good luck
smile.png

Thanks for all the nice comments about the lavendars.
That is the best looking of the two roos, but he is very anty human.
The other Roo is a cuddler and my daughter has him trained to fly up to her arm when she puts out the arm and says up.
His tail is not as nice.

Back
Top Bottom