D'uccle Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by muscovy94, Nov 21, 2009.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    i'm looking for shows that are close to me in louisiana

2. aurorarose25

aurorarose25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    does anyone have any d'uccles for sale?

3. aurorarose25

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    how do I condition my d'uccles feet feathers? They look just pitiful, taking them to a show.. need tips tricks and any advice. They are black mottleds.

4. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    My DH built a little outdoor playpen for my to put my chicks in so they can get some outside time last weekend. It was great weather and everyone had a great time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Look at that little cherub face!!!!
    THAT is what made me fall in love with them!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:-*

6. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    [​IMG] I'll be joining this thread tomorrow. I'm getting four (3 girls, 1 boy) month old Mille fleur chicks. I can't wait.

7. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    Quote:x2

The same face my girl used to pull. Making me miss her so much [​IMG]

8. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Quote:What are you keeping them in? I know that when I put a hen in a flat-bottomed cage that stayed dry (due to all the feed she scattered around), her feet feathers blossomed out after 2 months. Also, a couple I sold some pullets to last year came back and got more this year, said her feet feathers stick out sideways 4 to 5 inches, they keep her on hay. I think with them running around in a big coop or in a yard is how they break.

Also, it has been mentioned that high protein food increasees feather strength.

-Nathan

9. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    Quote:What are you keeping them in? I know that when I put a hen in a flat-bottomed cage that stayed dry (due to all the feed she scattered around), her feet feathers blossomed out after 2 months. Also, a couple I sold some pullets to last year came back and got more this year, said her feet feathers stick out sideways 4 to 5 inches, they keep her on hay. I think with them running around in a big coop or in a yard is how they break.

-Nathan

I also noticed that when mine would run along the side of the chicken wire her foot feathers would rub and catch in it. So maybe smooth walls around the base of the cage/coop she's kept in would help too?

10. aurorarose25

Jun 11, 2009
    Mesa, Az

-Nathan

I have them on shavings right now. what do you suggest for high protien food? I heard some people use cat food, but I am not sure on that one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by