D'uccle Thread

Being as they are both mottled you will get chicks with mottling some with a mix of both patterns and some like the parents, Won't know til you breed them I would love to see what it produces, I was going to breed my black mottled hen to Blue Mille Roo but he didn't take interest in her
sad.png
. a different color mottled is what i would expect from the cross. Who knows maybe you will create a new color mottled!
tongue.png

According the the genetic calculator you will get Black Mottled.
Although it is not always right it is nomally close. the irregularities are due to unknown genetics hiding in the breeding pairs.

I"m so excited that my little Mille Fleur girl is just starting to get her white spots. She's so cute.

Anyway, I have a question or two. How easy/hard is it to tell porcelain from lavendar in young chicks? Can someone describe the differences or post photos? I ask because my local feed store has some chicks that didn't sell and as usual, they offered them to me on the cheap (I take all of their leftovers normally..lol). One of the chicks is feather-legged and the feathers are almost silver in color as are the ones coming in on the wings. I think it is a D'Uccle chick and at first I thought it must be porcelain, but after some googling, the feathering is a bit more similar to a lavendar photo I saw, but it was adult feathers. I have that chick on hold and 2 others that are Mille Fleur. Also, is lavendar the same as self-blue? I'm so confused..lol. One site called it lavendar and one called it self-blue.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Here are some self blue chicks from a couple years ago, they are 3 weks old.

or go back a few pages and you will see a self blue chick from this year.
I"m so excited that my little Mille Fleur girl is just starting to get her white spots. She's so cute.

Anyway, I have a question or two. How easy/hard is it to tell porcelain from lavendar in young chicks? Can someone describe the differences or post photos? I ask because my local feed store has some chicks that didn't sell and as usual, they offered them to me on the cheap (I take all of their leftovers normally..lol). One of the chicks is feather-legged and the feathers are almost silver in color as are the ones coming in on the wings. I think it is a D'Uccle chick and at first I thought it must be porcelain, but after some googling, the feathering is a bit more similar to a lavendar photo I saw, but it was adult feathers. I have that chick on hold and 2 others that are Mille Fleur. Also, is lavendar the same as self-blue? I'm so confused..lol. One site called it lavendar and one called it self-blue.

Thanks for any help.

Here are some self blue chicks from a couple years ago, they are 3 weks old.

or go back a few pages and you will see a self blue chick from this year.

Thanks! After getting the chick out of the brooder and looking at it, I'm just about positive it's porcelain. The ones I thought were Mille Fleur in the brooder were not D'Uccles, but I still think the porcelain one is a D'Uccle possibly. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom