D'uccle Thread

Thanks guys! I'll definitely post more pics as they mature, I'm super excited now. I just had another chick from the same breeding hatch and its a much more normal, lighter color. Interesting. One of the little dark guys is perfectly round, pretty much the size and shape of a ping pong ball.

I was pretty sure she was a pullet.
thumbsup.gif

Okay I'm going ask again. If I breed my Black Mottled d'Uccle to my Mille will that be bad or doable?

I'm sorry. I got a d'uccle by accident and she's only 6 weeks old so I know nothing about breeding. Hopefully someone will know though.

Well I could look through 497 pages on here but I'm lazy so... who has d'uccles and regular sized chickens too? I'm dying to know how much smaller d'uccles are. Here's a pic of my sweet Waffles and her Isa Brown buddy Cuddles. They are both 6 weeks old.

Okay I'm going ask again. If I breed my Black Mottled d'Uccle to my Mille will that be bad or doable?

I'm one of these people that likes to see what weird colors I can come up with so I say go for it!!! I'm trying to breed a black mottled with a gold neck right now, just to see what happens, I'll let you know what I get if the hen ever decides to give me some eggs! I have a chick from a blue cochin/partridge cochin cross and it's blue but with the partridge pattern. I'm hoping it stays that way as it gets older, it's pretty neat.

i would try it and see what happens

im going to breed my self blue to my porcelain (yes i know there can be problems with this pairing) im hoping that since my self blue is hatchery it will work out alright only trying a few breedings and hatchings will i truly know for sure

Well I could look through 497 pages on here but I'm lazy so... who has d'uccles and regular sized chickens too? I'm dying to know how much smaller d'uccles are. Here's a pic of my sweet Waffles and her Isa Brown buddy Cuddles. They are both 6 weeks old.

They are pretty much a third of the body size as the big girls. Think: bantam 2-3 lbs, big chicken 6-8 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom