D'uccle Thread

So, I have a question. I was planning on adding a D'Uccle to my flock and I wanted Porcelain. The breeder who is finding me one is having trouble finding Porcealin, but says she can get me Silver? Aren't there different kinds of silver in D'Uccles? Is it a registered color? Does anyone have pics of silvers?
Therre is no official silver. Could they mean self-blue?

Here is my young D'Uccle roo. He just started crowing, so I'm hoping as he matures more, he will get more white.

I still have my porcelain roo that is 2 months younger, but he's just not attractive at the moment..lol. I think he is going to live with Hdowden possibly.
If he has just started crowing, then he will get more white but probably not a lot more. Not enough. I don't mind the size of his wattles, but I thik his comb is a little big. Also, you should get a photo of him in the ground so we can see his conformation. He looks like he's trying to balance on a narrow board. His feet make a difference when showing, so include them in the photo if you can. but I'd certainly enter him in shows so you can compare him to other area d'Uccles.

Here is my young D'Uccle roo. He just started crowing, so I'm hoping as he matures more, he will get more white.

I still have my porcelain roo that is 2 months younger, but he's just not attractive at the moment..lol. I think he is going to live with Hdowden possibly.
how old is he? my millie oegb (hatchery bird) had a lot of white at a young age and by the time he reached a year old he was way to white. also give the porcelain a bit of time to fill out but i would love to have a porcelain boy here
big_smile.png

Last edited:

What color is my little odd ball d'uccle? Will it end up being regular mille? They are blue mille's from ideal, although they all look regular mille to me except that one. I also think I have 2 boys and 3 girls, what do you guys think?

This is them when I got them. Oddball is the yellow chick, I figured she was splash mille then.

What color is my little odd ball d'uccle? Will it end up being regular mille? They are blue mille's from ideal, although they all look regular mille to me except that one. I also think I have 2 boys and 3 girls, what do you guys think?

This is them when I got them. Oddball is the yellow chick, I figured she was splash mille then.
hmmmm i don't see any color that fits her. at first glance i thought blk breasted red game ,ix until i read your post.i'm thinking shes an off millie

Last edited:
hmmmm i don't see any color that fits her. at first glance i thought blk breasted red game ,ix until i read your post.i'm thinking shes an off millie
Ideal does carry brown red d'uccles, although they've been sold out for quite awhile. I wonder what those look like as chicks? It wouldn't suprise me if they are a color other than I ordered, I ordered a pair of tufted roman geese in february which ended up being a pair of embdens.
roll.png
At least they got the breed right this time.
wink.png

I think oddball is a mille fleur, just coming in a little darker than the others. I have a lot of chicks from pure mf parents that start out yellow like that. It's weird to watch them get darker than the 'regular' millie chicks.

If he has just started crowing, then he will get more white but probably not a lot more. Not enough. I don't mind the size of his wattles, but I thik his comb is a little big. Also, you should get a photo of him in the ground so we can see his conformation. He looks like he's trying to balance on a narrow board. His feet make a difference when showing, so include them in the photo if you can. but I'd certainly enter him in shows so you can compare him to other area d'Uccles.
Oh, I'm certain he is not show quality. He's hatchery that I grabbed out of a bin at TSC to fill their minimum chick order. I was after the Sebrights and bantam Cochins...lol.

He had jumped ship out of his pen and was set on not being caught, so he was sitting on a piece of OSB that I have up as a wind/sun shield for some juvenile layers I have in that pen. The entry into their house is large, so I added the additional block. I do have some other photos of him. His foot feathers are sort of pathetic and patchy, but he's a fun little bird.
Part of why I was thinking that he may get more white is that he has clusters of feathers with white ends that are very short now, but that I think should grow longer. I think that will make him look to have more white dispersed once they finish growing in.

I will try and get a photo of the porcelain this weekend. He has gotten himself stuck in some odd places lately and has some damaged feathers. I don't know how he is getting through the wire because I have to to cut it to get him out of the spot he's stuck in once he's through.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom