D'uccle Thread

I would be furious as well! He obviously does not know his standard. Below is some info I got from the D'uccle club website (I'm pretty sure they know what they are talking about
lol.png
) http://www.belgianduccle.org/page8.html

This is how the d'Uccles were entered into the APA Standard of Perfection by year:
1914 Mille Fleur
1981 White
1965 Porcelain
1996 Black
1996 Golden Neck
1996 Self Blue
1996 Mottled
x2

I was furious! My kid was devastated and blaming ME for bringing the wrong chickens! The judge said he "never heard of a Golden Necked". I couldn't believe it!!! I pulled up on my phone the recognized colors, but by that time it was too late.

I would like to take one of the boys I showed pictures of to fair next year. Just worried that we will have the same results.

Chances are you won't have the same judge next year. Not many people have heard of Golden Necks. A boy in a 4-H club has two of them and when I told the leader and his mom what color they were, they had no idea what I was talking about. They think it is some kind of mixed color. The 4-H leader is a chicken breeder, so I am surprised she wouldn't know...

I was furious! My kid was devastated and blaming ME for bringing the wrong chickens! The judge said he "never heard of a Golden Necked". I couldn't believe it!!! I pulled up on my phone the recognized colors, but by that time it was too late.

I would like to take one of the boys I showed pictures of to fair next year. Just worried that we will have the same results.
if i had to choose just one to take it would be the one on the left...if you can afford to get the standard of perfection i would get one and take it with you just in case. they cost a pretty penny, i think its something like 60 + s/h but it would be a very good book for you to have though. i plan on getting one next year before my kids take theirs to the fair this year as they had several breeds and verities missing from their list. seems like they never get everything on the list and it is frustrating.

Kids always do that. I would have gone back to the judge and showed him the standards, it is not to late, you can dispute it and they will just have to rejudge your bird.
Quote: I bought the smaller hand book for 30$ it was the best purchased book I've bought in a long time. It has all kinds of information in it, from judging to chicks to pictures, to what the standards are, to plumage of each variety of bantams, you will love it.

Hi
I have a order for 25 Porcelain Belgian Bearded D`Uccle Bantams from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I should be getting them March 25 2013.

Welcome Clayton. Do you have other chickens, or did you just want to start your farm with the best? D'uccles are awesome creatures. Besides being friendly, they are a hoot to watch walk around with their humungous foot feathers.

frow.gif

Last edited:
Hi
I have a order for 25 Porcelain Belgian Bearded D`Uccle Bantams from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I should be getting them March 25 2013.
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
You will LOOOVE them! Porcelain D'uccles are so pretty! I have four (two cockerels, two pullet) and they are just beginning to get their premature plumage and I have to say, it is GORGEOUS!
Let us know when you get them!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom