D'uccle Thread

My D'uccle/seramas crosses are hatching and I think they are super hybrids! You know, when you breed to different species and the young are bigger than the parents, like the Liger? Well, the last three chicks that hatched are HUGE! Eggs seemed normal size, but those babies....Then, there's the pure serama baby and he looks so tiny next to them. They are only a day old, he is about two weeks. I'll take a picture.

My D'uccle/seramas crosses are hatching and I think they are super hybrids! You know, when you breed to different species and the young are bigger than the parents, like the Liger? Well, the last three chicks that hatched are HUGE! Eggs seemed normal size, but those babies....Then, there's the pure serama baby and he looks so tiny next to them. They are only a day old, he is about two weeks. I'll take a picture.
Can't wait!!
big_smile.png

caf.gif

Wow! The new ones are a lot bigger. Thanks for the pics! I never get tired of looking at chickens!

What is the name of the color of the whiteish looking rooster D'uccle in the photos in your siggy? He is a very handsome boy!
love.gif

I heard some feather sex at only a few days old. I think the females have primaries that come in two waves, while the boys have them come in all at once.

Or it could be the other way around....

Thanks for my roos compliments. I usually don't name any of them, unless I have to nurse them or they have something special about them. Other than that, they are all "little man" and "mama".

Back
Top Bottom