D'uccle Thread

I'll try to get some new ones tomorrow.
smile.png

what is the point of a standard of perfection if the judges don't go by it most of the time especially for the mille fleur color as the standard calls for a mahogany body with each feather having a black cresent with a white v-tip short and stubby body. though im being told they arn't supposed to have very much white when almost every feather is supposed to have a white tip. also i was told they are supposed to be much skinnier than mine mine are decendants from the european. so mine are somewhat bigger like most european bloodlines. they usauly have more white or black than the american versions. Can someone tell me why the shows are like this and why cant the breeds and colors relate to their old versions wich in my opinion looked better. this is my mission to bring the breed back to its former glory. some people who had raised them for show years back gave up their chickens since they didnt get good places cause they followed the standard of perfection to be told their chickens where not good enough. i do not understand this. if i have anything wrong please correct me

I've actually been looking for broader built milles. My hen places well when the competition isn't too tough, but she has been beat by hens that were broader in the chest. I was at a show yesterday (in GA) and my gold neck pullet went best of breed. She's the biggest built d'uccle I show. I'm planning on replacing all my smaller d'uccles with wider ones as I find them.

what is the point of a standard of perfection if the judges don't go by it most of the time especially for the mille fleur color as the standard calls for a mahogany body with each feather having a black cresent with a white v-tip short and stubby body. though im being told they arn't supposed to have very much white when almost every feather is supposed to have a white tip. also i was told they are supposed to be much skinnier than mine mine are decendants from the european. so mine are somewhat bigger like most european bloodlines. they usauly have more white or black than the american versions. Can someone tell me why the shows are like this and why cant the breeds and colors relate to their old versions wich in my opinion looked better. this is my mission to bring the breed back to its former glory. some people who had raised them for show years back gave up their chickens since they didnt get good places cause they followed the standard of perfection to be told their chickens where not good enough. i do not understand this. if i have anything wrong please correct me
The standard is not mahogany, what are you looking at for the standards? I have the 2011 ABA bantam SOP book and it does not say mahogany, It states "Brilliant light orange vermillion", for the boys and for girls it is "Rich golden Buff. You can see it here:
http://belgianduccle.hypermart.net/millefleur.html
I think you were looking at the British standards yes.
I've actually been looking for broader built milles. My hen places well when the competition isn't too tough, but she has been beat by hens that were broader in the chest. I was at a show yesterday (in GA) and my gold neck pullet went best of breed. She's the biggest built d'uccle I show. I'm planning on replacing all my smaller d'uccles with wider ones as I find them.
At Ohio National Poultry show my Mille beat bigger birds, she was one of the smaller ones there they are only supposed to weigh 1 lb. 6 oz./ 625 grams
for a hen and 1 lb. 10 oz. / 740 grams for a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom