D'uccle Thread

ACK!
celebrate.gif
I just bought eggs from gyspy and teddi. After a year of cyber-stalking breeders and researching standards and pros and cons, I'm finally getting a second flock together. All d'uccles. All the time. And I will hug them and squeeze them and call them George!

Okay, okay, my d'uccle flock will also have 3 little silkies that I just bought from chickenonthehill. :D They're ridiculously adorable, too.

Sorry for the double post- silkie skin isn't 'black' like all the books say. It is a deep, slate gray or blue when they are chicks. Does that help?
I thought that at first too but when I lift it's "fuzz" its skin isn't black. However, I'm new to this so you could be right. I just wish I knew. Thank you.

I'll have to look again and get better pictures to post this evening. Might just be too early to tell I guess. I posted on the silkie forum and its unknown there as well. Grr this wait is driving me nuts! lol Come on little chickie show me what you are!
jumpy.gif

Hey Everyone!!

I'm happy to have found this thread! I loved reading through all the posts! :)

I have fallen in love with the d'Uccle breed and would like to add them to my breeding/show program. Currently I work with Silkies and Cochins.

I am looking for a show quality mille trio - are there any breeders you guys could hook me up with? I am okay with having birds shipped! They would be going to PA.

Thank you so much!

Well, what I wanted to know was good color combos. Since I live in the city I am not allowed to have a rooster, and anyway my dad wouldn't want one anyway.

I already know about white to porcelain, since white fades the color in the chicks, and I wanted to get advice from people who actually know what they are doing. lol

I was thinking I could go to some shows (like field day) and look around for nice roosters and maybe arrange for a breeding to take place.

I would still have to wait, since my little pullet hasn't started laying yet.

So, like I said before, what would be good color combos to keep the color from becoming too dark or too light?

It looks more like a self-blue d'Uccle chick to me than a silkie. How many toes? Silkies have 5.

Can someone please tell me if this is a d'uccle? I have been searching trying to figure out what type of bantam he/she is and self blue d'uccle is the closest thing I have come accross that looks like it. He/ she was part of a bantam assortment at Tractor Supply and I'm dying to know what he/she will look like grown. BTW some gorgeous babies on here!! Sorry for the not so good pic, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom