• Hatch eggs!

• Don’t hatch eggs!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics

Ch1cken Tender

Songster
Jul 22, 2023
221A Baker Street 😉
Hi! I was wondering if any of y’all have a duccle x Serama mix. I’m considering letting my Serama sit on a few eggs, if she stays broody :fl. And I was hoping somebody has a few pictures as an example of what I may get! Please post some adult pics if you have them!! Also, for the simple fun of it, I’m going to make a poll on *if my hen stays broody* should I let her sit on some eggs??

Eggatha let me mark the mystery egg! Here she ( :fl ) is!
IMG_6022.jpeg

Since a few of the eggs are pure Serama, I may get blue, black, and/or splash chicks (Eggatha is a "blue laced" Serama)! I definitely will get some pretty varieties. I actually have Eggatha and Buddy’s chicks, Buddy is my Blue Birchin Serama roo (is Blue Birchin a color pattern?), from their hatch while they were owned by their former owners (I think I worded that incorrectly… :gig). I ended up with one splash cockerel, one blue Birchin cockerel, and one black pullet; so I’m very much looking forward to *possibly* getting a splash PULLET! 😂

How are the eggs doing, @Ch1cken Tender?
I haven’t gotten to check on them yet today, but as of yesterday they were all doing fine!:celebrate I’ll update their status when I get a chance to check on everybody. I also intend to candle them on the 14th to see if they are all viable!
Actually, do you think it’s a bad idea to candle a broody hen’s eggs? I know for sure that she won’t leave the nest (Since this is my first hatch, I’ve been pestering her a little bit :)), but is it bad for the eggs or something?

He looked like he needed some love! So I thought “Why not?” He might wind up being the happiest chicken ever!

Maybe!
I’m excited to see what they look like! I bet they are going to be so cute. They are going to be so pretty when they have all their adult feathers!
Yeah, I really, really hope that some of these eggs are Minnie’s (Minnie is the D’Uccle hen) so that I can actually get some hybrids. But if I didn’t get her eggs, both Eggatha (the broody hen) and Buddy (the roo) have the blue gene. So I can get blue, black, or splash chicks from Eggatha’s eggs!! Also, if you ever hatch eggs, and you just need those eggs you put in the refrigerator, all of these eggs I’m hatching (except for egg 5) were refrigerated eggs!

Back
Top Bottom