D'Uccles...Tell Me Something...

I am obsessed with D'uccles!! My grown rooster, Tufty, had such a riotous crow when he was first learning, but he got the hang (and pitch) of it quickly.

*shakes head*

Im scanning my emails Cyn. I know there is an email somewhere in there that states that you'd never own Bantams.....

Where is it?!
tongue.png

To get the Porcelain D'Uccles, I'll have to either hatch them from BYC eggs or see if I can figure out which ones are the PD's in the assorted bantam bin at the feedstore, if they even get any. I still have to see if DH will build a small bantam coop for Shadow and her future pals before I can actually go ahead with plans to get some of these little beauties.

Well, Jordan, my friend, never say never! Now, NNs, that's another story!
tongue.png
Hey, I already own one bantam; what's a coop-ful more, anyway?

Last edited:
I saw some beautiful D'Uccles today at a show in Cookeville, in several color varieties. I especially admired the mottled one, and there was even a blue mille fleur.
smile.png

Here is a picture of my porcelain as a day old - here is hoping you find some in the feed store bin!

Rudy the Rooster - 1 day old:

DSCN1466.jpg

Here he is more recently:

SN850210-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have both Mille's and Belgian Quail. My Belgian Quail, Fran, is the friendliest little hen on my place. She just laid her first egg last week, so I cannot answer the broodiness question. Her mate, Robert, has a beautiful little crow! Not that loud at all, but he sure thinks he's bigger than he is! LOL Both of them are nosey, and they think they need to be in the middle of everything.

My Mille Roo is named Cricket, because his very first crowing sounded like a Cricket chirping.
smile.png

Here is Cricket
14550_cricketingrass.jpg

Here are Robert, first pic, and Fran, second pic
14550_100_1564.jpg

14550_sidefran.jpg

Thanks for the chick picture. Hopefully, I can find one when and if I decide to go ahead and get them. Our feedstore gets birds from Ideal and I dont really want to get anymore hatchery chicks, but may be forced to, unless I twist equibling's arm to send me some hatching eggs, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom