Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
7045902479_0404b35f26.jpg

View attachment 2837744
I love my cuddle bugs!

Am I the only one who thinks their nibbling is friendly? They do it like crazy, especially on my fingers. My other ducklings didn't do it, will they be biters!😳

Mine have gently nibbled when young and still do it when they get older. As their bite gets stronger you need to correct them and make sure it doesn't become aggressive. Saxony are rather mischievous ducks.

When I had ducklings they did not like people but were scared. No matter what I did
A few of my ducks have been like that. My WH would come eat out of my hand but didn't want to be touched, once my drake was kidnapped by a predator in the middle of the night the rest of them wouldn't even eat out of my hands.

I love hatching them, my little SA imprinted on me and loved to sit in my hair on my shoulder. She would even chase me around and peep like crazy
20210521202735_IMG_0879~2.JPG

A few of my ducks have been like that. My WH would come eat out of my hand but didn't want to be touched, once my drake was kidnapped by a predator in the middle of the night the rest of them wouldn't even eat out of my hands.

I love hatching them, my little SA imprinted on me and loved to sit in my hair on my shoulder. She would even chase me around and peep like crazyView attachment 2838330
I got mine from tsc so I never hatched them. They just were never imprinted on me and were scared of people

I got mine from tsc so I never hatched them. They just were never imprinted on me and were scared of people
I haven't hatched any. You just need to spend a lot of time with them. I always keep mine in my living room, so I see them all the time. Then I spend time with them at their level. I feel like raising 3 ducklings at a time is the perfect amount to spend lots of time with and where they have company. Some breeds are a bit more social than others as ducklings, but all enjoy crawling into my lap.

One of my khaki Campbells loved coming out to play that he would leap into my hands. Granted it doesn't last once they are outside permanently.
PXL_20201010_043139413.NIGHT.jpg

... So want to raise ducklings again 😭

Back
Top Bottom