Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Pics
Duck addition. It's so hard though

@Everose just a little snippet of my rambling 😂🤣🤣😂
Are you like this with chickens too or just the ducks?

Personally, chickens are cute and I'll always have em, but the ducks are my true obsession. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the silkies, super precious and fun to watch but they're not as friendly or graceful (Graceful in looks, we all know the ducks are sleek and pretty but totally clumsy and uncoordinated) or goofy as ducks.

I've had the chickens and ducks for years and the chickens are by far the messiest, noisiest and meanest (sometimes life-threatening) of the two. Ducks are so angelic IMAO, chickens just don't compare.

Here he is. My Avatar Drake.
20211017_162601_(1).jpg
20211017_163329_HDR_(1).jpg
20211017_163140.jpg
20211017_162645_HDR_(1).jpg

Oh wow! He’s pretty, I have no idea how he will fully color in, but I’ve never seen a claret breast with a head that light, so I would guess it will turn silver eventually.
That is what is so confusing to me. The blue fawn and the gray drakes are already getting their colors on their heads.

I think that claret is going to continue to fill in that dark color. There were a lot of little white feathers fluffing off of him when I picked him up today.

Has anyone ever noticed ducks have great comedic timing? I have an injured duck indoors at night right now. We watched the producers last night and she cackled when the guy crashed down the stairs and broke his leg. We watched a comedy show and she was cackling through the show. Now we are watching murder she wrote and nothing. But then they have not been more dramatic and less comedy. That or she doesn't like murder she wrote.

Has anyone ever noticed ducks have great comedic timing? I have an injured duck indoors at night right now. We watched the producers last night and she cackled when the guy crashed down the stairs and broke his leg. We watched a comedy show and she was cackling through the show. Now we are watching murder she wrote and nothing. But then they have not been more dramatic and less comedy. That or she doesn't like murder she wrote.
Yes. It is so funny. Someone will say something funny in the house and next thing you hear one of our ducks are ‘laughing’ out in the chook pen. Same thing with the turkeys and peacocks.

Back
Top Bottom