Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
:hugs @CoriM I'm so sorry to hear that. It's tough to lose them but it takes a lot of love to let them go whenever they're not well and declining. I hope you see that. I hate to hear that Dolly has bumblefoot. Then again my little Buff had bumblefoot on the end of her toe once, so it's not necessarily size being behind that. It's so difficult to bandage the foot for something like that. With Tom, my Buff hen, I suspect she got a thorn stuck and it got infected. I ended up treating her at night after dark and this may sound silly but I used a maxi pad folded in half to pad her toe and it was large enough that I could wrap all around it to make it stay. It took about a week to heal and that had to be changed every night. As far as the poop shoot, that thing could be used as a weapon 🤣 I pick at my daughter if I'm holding Honey BooBoo and my daughter will scream, "Don't point that thing at me!" referring to her vent because she can seriously get some distance with that thing! You're in my thoughts and prayers, as always sweet friend 😍
@KaleIAm i bet the girls are so curious and missing you. Maybe you can have your partner video whenever you're able to visit with the ducks again. I bet that's going to be a really sweet moment 💜 Hopefully your surgery goes well and you have a fast and full recovery. That's wonderful that you have someone you can trust to take care of the girls. That's worth it's weight in gold 💜 You will also be in my thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻
Thanks ❤️. She is not one of my new girls. She has to be one of my most photographic ducks and is happy to pose for the camera.

These are my new Muscovy
View attachment 3227997View attachment 3227999View attachment 3228001View attachment 3228002

Here are my new khakis
View attachment 3228004View attachment 3228000

....um.. and here are my newest additions... Some call ducklings.

View attachment 3227996
So gorgeous! What? Call Ducks? So cute! Do you have a white one and a magpie? They're adorable 💜 What do the big ducks think about them? My big ducks hate my bantam ducks, but then again I haven't taken the time to integrate everyone, so of course they'd hate any other duck.

Speaking of Calls, Piper is almost 4 months old now and this girl is the sweetest little thing! I took this picture today. She still enjoys cuddles and gets sleepy every time I pick her up. I thought it was odd how she was standing on my fingers but then realized that her poop shoot was hanging off my hand 😁 smart girl 😂 She's a tiny little thing and could easily fit in my hand. I love Call Ducks ❤️ My others ducks, big and small, don't do this, but I still love them all dearly. Ain't she sweet?
20220818_120006.jpg

So gorgeous! What? Call Ducks? So cute! Do you have a white one and a magpie? They're adorable 💜 What do the big ducks think about them? My big ducks hate my bantam ducks, but then again I haven't taken the time to integrate everyone, so of course they'd hate any other duck. Speaking of Calls, Piper is almost 4 months old now and this girl is the sweetest little thing! I took this picture today. She still enjoys cuddles and gets sleepy every time I pick her up. I thought it was odd how she was standing on my fingers but then realized that her poop shoot was hanging off my hand 😁 smart girl 😂 She's a tiny little thing and could easily fit in my hand. I love Call Ducks ❤️ My others ducks, big and small, don't do this. Ain't she sweet?
20220818_120006.jpg
Thanks! I have been enjoying the calls too. They are far more social than any of my other ducks. Downside is if I walk 20ft away the call for me. I believe the one is a pied and the other is a snowy. I know it is at least a harlequin type. The snowy one is a cuddle bug and got made at me for cuddling the pied one 😆. When I saw the snowy was jealous and went to cuddle it too, it wouldn't have any of it. I wish I had a pic of the indignation one that little face 😂.

My big ducks have not spent to much time with them yet. Mostly checking them out and being jealous of grass on the other side. They are going to live with one of my runners. She has a slipped tendon and really can't free range anymore, so call ducks seemed like good buddies. The pied call ducklings is very spunky and has chased my runners. They are slowly getting along more. I will let them interact more with the big ones after they are fully feathered in.

My flock, slightly scattered about. There are actually 21 ducks in this picture. Nine are in the coops, either ducklings (4), or newbies that aren't integrated yet(5).
They had all been around the pools and trays, until they saw me, lol!

Attachments

• 20220818_201618.jpg
    20220818_201618.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
:hugs @CoriM I'm so sorry to hear that. It's tough to lose them but it takes a lot of love to let them go whenever they're not well and declining. I hope you see that. I hate to hear that Dolly has bumblefoot. Then again my little Buff had bumblefoot on the end of her toe once, so it's not necessarily size being behind that. It's so difficult to bandage the foot for something like that. With Tom, my Buff hen, I suspect she got a thorn stuck and it got infected. I ended up treating her at night after dark and this may sound silly but I used a maxi pad folded in half to pad her toe and it was large enough that I could wrap all around it to make it stay. It took about a week to heal and that had to be changed every night. As far as the poop shoot, that thing could be used as a weapon 🤣 I pick at my daughter if I'm holding Honey BooBoo and my daughter will scream, "Don't point that thing at me!" referring to her vent because she can seriously get some distance with that thing! You're in my thoughts and prayers, as always sweet friend 😍
@KaleIAm i bet the girls are so curious and missing you. Maybe you can have your partner video whenever you're able to visit with the ducks again. I bet that's going to be a really sweet moment 💜 Hopefully your surgery goes well and you have a fast and full recovery. That's wonderful that you have someone you can trust to take care of the girls. That's worth it's weight in gold 💜 You will also be in my thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻

So gorgeous! What? Call Ducks? So cute! Do you have a white one and a magpie? They're adorable 💜 What do the big ducks think about them? My big ducks hate my bantam ducks, but then again I haven't taken the time to integrate everyone, so of course they'd hate any other duck.

Speaking of Calls, Piper is almost 4 months old now and this girl is the sweetest little thing! I took this picture today. She still enjoys cuddles and gets sleepy every time I pick her up. I thought it was odd how she was standing on my fingers but then realized that her poop shoot was hanging off my hand 😁 smart girl 😂 She's a tiny little thing and could easily fit in my hand. I love Call Ducks ❤️ My others ducks, big and small, don't do this, but I still love them all dearly. Ain't she sweet?
View attachment 3228024
Thanks Heather! You are so good about reaching out and you're so encouraging. I just love hearing about your flock. I hope summer has been good to you and yours!

Gorgeous ducks and that Bantam Cochin 😍 I need him!
Hey woman, hands off my George. :smack

:lau he’s an awesome fella. He is about 6 years old and will die of old age at my house, I could never let him go anywhere. I got him from an SQ breeder thru BYC! I can’t even imagine how many babies he has fathered. :p He has been excellent with his girls and all babies thru the years. He was always so good at training his sons, until 2 of them decided they wanted his position and darn near flogged him to death last year. I ended up selling my entire bantam cochin flock except for him and 2 old girls. I lost one of the girls last week, she was ancient, and apparently got trapped outside the coop and a possum got her. (We fed that possum some lead a couple nights ago, avenged my poor Emily). The other old girl Fiona hatched a single chick earlier this spring, he’s a little cockerel now, looks a lot like daddy George. I will likely cry when George dies.
0E151BF1-A02B-442A-9933-848BDAF8EFAD.jpeg

Hey woman, hands off my George. :smack

:lau he’s an awesome fella. He is about 6 years old and will die of old age at my house, I could never let him go anywhere. I got him from an SQ breeder thru BYC! I can’t even imagine how many babies he has fathered. :p He has been excellent with his girls and all babies thru the years. He was always so good at training his sons, until 2 of them decided they wanted his position and darn near flogged him to death last year. I ended up selling my entire bantam cochin flock except for him and 2 old girls. I lost one of the girls last week, she was ancient, and apparently got trapped outside the coop and a possum got her. (We fed that possum some lead a couple nights ago, avenged my poor Emily). The other old girl Fiona hatched a single chick earlier this spring, he’s a little cockerel now, looks a lot like daddy George. I will likely cry when George dies.
View attachment 3232071
I've already "rhetorically" spoken for George anyway, so.... 🤭

Back
Top Bottom