Duck and chicken weight loss???

Nickeyo

Songster
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
England, West Midlands, Worcestershire
So let’s start with the ducks, I have 2 khaki Campbell’s, a khaki x Cayuga, a runner drake and a call x Cayuga. They all except the drake have lost weight to the point of being just bone, you can feel their keel like and knife and trace their ribs, they still lay a little but are all hunched up and feathers fluffed and very noisey , yet still active, they still eat and free range fine and have lots of energy, yet no muscle or fat on them. They all went broody 2 months ago and it’s almost as if they have never broken their brood I was but still free range.

two of my hens has also both lost a lot of weight and are just skin and bones, if knocked they fall over and are completely weightless, they are low energy, visibly ill and havebreathing difficulty. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem, they were wormed a few weeks ago but any input would be greatly welcomed

Attachments

• 00ED6559-C913-4BF7-A2DA-E3FB4F7C470D.png
    00ED6559-C913-4BF7-A2DA-E3FB4F7C470D.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 5
What do their poops look like? Diarrhea? It's definitely an illness, and sounds a lot like worms. Puffy when sitting, loosing weight, and abnormal poop are all major signs.

Back
Top Bottom