Duck and Chickens Together?

They both have their own pens to go into at night. They run together during the day. At first the chickens use to pick on the ducks when they were a few weeks old but now the tables have turned. The chickens seem to leave em alone, the drake tried to pick on my lil roo and im guessing he put a stop to it because he hasnt tried it again. I havent seem him pick on em today or yesterday, so i still have hope for him. I hope this doesnt get too bad because his soo sweet when it comes to people, he'll sit in your lap all day. Thanks for all the replys yall!
big_smile.png

They should be fine. I have had stray ducks in with chickens. I have a lonely hen in with my ducks now. The male ducks will try to mate anything including each other but the chickens are usually fast enough to get away
lol.png

I have even had a baby duck in with puppies without any problem. The duck did grow up thinking it was a dog though. It would rough house with the digs and chase them they never tried to hurt the duck. He did grow up bigger than the puppies though.

My 2 male muscovies are in with my chickens and guineas and aren't doing squat to them. Of course, the female duck is right next door with her new 11
big_smile.png
ducklings so they may have their minds occupied. However, their dad (RIP) while i never saw him do anything with the hens used to get into long brawls with my buckeye rooster that didn't seem to do any damage to either of them but they were pretty funny to watch.

Back
Top Bottom