Duck beak bruising/peeling ??

CbWifeNgram

Hatching
Jul 12, 2023
So these ducklings are about 2 months old and I've noticed some like bruising or peeling and I have books and have done some research, but NOT finding anything related to this . These are all the same age birds, I have some that are a little smaller but are eating, drinking, bathing ?? idk I was thinking respiratory?
Any Help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7541.JPG
    IMG_7541.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_7537.JPG
    IMG_7537.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 6
:welcome
How close are they to the heat lamp? Peeling can be pretty normal but the bruising I'm not sure of unless they are poking their bills up under fencing or something else.

So these ducklings are about 2 months old and I've noticed some like bruising or peeling and I have books and have done some research, but NOT finding anything related to this . These are all the same age birds, I have some that are a little smaller but are eating, drinking, bathing ?? idk I was thinking respiratory?
Any Help would be appreciated!
they are in a galvanized water trough and we hang their feeders as they grew at accessible heights and use poultry cell liquid vitamins in their water...??

What Type of feeders because chicken feeders don’t really work other than the first week or so then it’s hard for them to get their bills into them to eat properly. I’m not picky on you just trying to help figure out how they have injured their bills. Since they are 2 months old they probably don’t need heat unless you’re in winter? Poultry cell is a great product I put it in my ducklings water for their first couple weeks.

Can you post some more photos? The second photo doesn't look bad, but the first one the bills look swollen or bloated which would be more of a concern for me.

Back
Top Bottom