DUCK BILL MISSING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, resorting to sarcasm whilst criticising the maturity level is childish. Seeing as you want to bring ageism and ‘my generation...’ into this, I smell ‘boomer’ hypocrisy. Accountability doesn’t just go for one age group and not the other.

TL:DR means Too Long; Didn’t Read. Unfortunately it is very common onnforums to receive that sort of response when presenting an argument andnsomeone actually provides a decent chunk of information. It tends to fall on deaf ears. This depends on the board culture and demographic but it would h worth bearing in mind that most people operate under the assumption that others want them to keep communication concise. I have been more often criticised for writing an essay that for constructing a detailed argument, so you have a point there on the quality of discussions going downhill.

I say keep the ‘offensive’ comments upon any case, however so others can see both sides of the argument and draw their own conclusions. Asking for posts to be deleted would be influencing the narrative so I’m against that form of censorship and Agee with you there. Like pretending racist relics of the past didn’t ever exist doesn’t teach anyone any new lessons.

This is not my argument and you are no longer able to engage with OP due to them having you on Ignore, so going to respectfully step away.
I don't see sarcasm as childish. It is if it's non-stop, but not every now and then. It can actually be quite witty, although I wasn't trying for wit. Call it "boomer hypocrisy", if you want. I most certainly am a boomer and would not want to be anything else. I've appreciated your thoughtful comments, though, Canina. 🙂

With the risk of being ignored, I agree with the criticism to a point. It is an emotional situation, and you are reacting because you care. But you need to take a deep breath and think. This "park" sounds terrible, for sure! Sanctuary, my a**! But what can you actually do? Maybe contact organizations? Your state parks association? I'm not 100% sure, and I wish I knew. Allow yourself to be sad and angry, but now I think you need to try something else since you are clearly serious about this. You can't make that woman change her mind (I wish you could!). But what can you do next?

For the record, I WANT you to be successful. I think everyone does (including Gander).

With the risk of being ignored, I agree with the criticism to a point. It is an emotional situation, and you are reacting because you care. But you need to take a deep breath and think. This "park" sounds terrible, for sure! Sanctuary, my a**! But what can you actually do? Maybe contact organizations? Your state parks association? I'm not 100% sure, and I wish I knew. Allow yourself to be sad and angry, but now I think you need to try something else since you are clearly serious about this. You can't make that woman change her mind (I wish you could!). But what can you do next?

For the record, I WANT you to be successful. I think everyone does (including Gander).
:goodpost::goodpost:'
This is a really good post, exactly what I wanted to say @Aunt Angus, you did a better job though.

Op, this is a terrible and sad situation, and your clearly upset, we all are. But I think its time you start taking a different approach. Everything said in the above post is perfect, and I think the comments getting thrown back and forth on this thread are starting to sway away from the point. The point is that everyone on this thread wants to help that sweet duck, all of the ducks, and its time to agree to disagree, but take some of the points from others that are helpful.
I think you have a great heart trying to help this duck, everyone on this thread does. I know you have the best intentions, thats awesome! But its time to find a new strategy, since it seem the original isn't working.
Keep us updated, I hope you can find some organization that can help you. Best of luck.

This is a really good post, exactly what I wanted to say @Aunt Angus, you did a better job though.

Op, this is a terrible and sad situation, and your clearly upset, we all are. But I think its time you start taking a different approach. Everything said in the above post is perfect, and I think the comments getting thrown back and forth on this thread are starting to sway away from the point. The point is that everyone on this thread wants to help that sweet duck, all of the ducks, and its time to agree to disagree, but take some of the points from others that are helpful.
I think you have a great heart trying to help this duck, everyone on this thread does. I know you have the best intentions, thats awesome! But its time to find a new strategy, since it seem the original isn't working.
Keep us updated, I hope you can find some organization that can help you. Best of luck.

I’m sorry one minute you’re telling OP to be mature and in the same breath you’re telling them to just steal the duck if they are not willingly given the duck. I know this is over animal welfare but don’t children just snatch things when they are told ‘no’?

If someone provides tons of context in the first post a common reaction is TL;DR but when they don’t it’s ‘not enough information’...

This is the most childish post in the whole thread. You just lost your credibility by sinking to what you believe is their level.
I already cry over this. Just for the record, I am not a thief and would never steal this duck. It is wrong for someone to suggest such a thing. It will likely die. I have done all I can do respectfully to help it. Picking its dead carcass off the frozen ground this winter will be a lesson to the park manager. I'm glad I will not be there to see it happen.

Last edited:

I have no reason to ignore you. There is nothing I can do. I am on my way home now anyway. I told her she was offered $200 to allow the animal to have a new chance in a better home. She has declined. That speaks to me that there is no love in her heart for this poor creature. There is nothing I can do.
I would only ignore somebody who send hateful, insulting mean posts. That is uncalled for and against the policy of this site. I should not have to be subjected to it.

OP is the Original Poster (you). TL;DR is what lazy people say if your post was ‘Too Long; Didn’t Read’ especially if they argued you didn’t provide enough information to begin with. What I was saying was that you often can’t win on forums. Say too much and people gloss over the information, say too little people think you are withholding information to change the narrative.
I did nothing wrong and nobody is force to read my posts or this thread. I just do not feel they need to act so hateful, rude and disrespectful.

I have no reason to ignore you. There is nothing I can do. I am on my way home now anyway. I told her she was offered $200 to allow the animal to have a new chance in a better home. She has declined. That speaks to me that there is no love in her heart for this poor creature. There is nothing I can do.
I would only ignore somebody who send hateful, insulting mean posts. That is uncalled for and against the policy of this site. I should not have to be subjected to it.
It has been suggested multiple times to contact a waterfowl reduce organization. Links have been offered. Can you future explain why your unable to do that?

I have made professional suggestions from the veterinarian point of view. I have suggested better feed techniques. I have tried to tactfully express how difficult it is for this little duck to compete for food. It must dive for most of its food and it is a peking not a khaki campbell which is more of a diver. Now geese with longer necks make that competition more difficult. I have pointed out its lack of socialization, I have pointed out its loss of weight and its poor feathering. Being near the flock is not the same as bantering and playing with the rest of the flock. It is non social and lethargic. NOTHING WORKED. I have complimented the manager on her hard work and her skills.
When everything I tried just hit a brick wall, I tried to suggest she take it home to give it better care. She was quick to nix that idea. So I moved on to asking if she would give it away. Then I offered $100, then $200 because a member here met the situation with a $100 to donate toward the cause.
NOTHING will penetrate this womans heart. She is convinced that bringing in domestic ducks to a pond loaded with people who fish, cut their lines and leave fish hooks everywhere, is the right thing. She is so deluded she believes what she is doing qualifies the pond as a sanctuary. She had a 20% injury rate, increased the number of fowl and now the injury rate is 10%. Sanctuaries don't have this issue.
It speaks for itself when the locals call the place the park from hell.
I have done all I can do. I am headed home back to my state. Case is closed until I return in the spring. I will let you know if it survived.

Last edited:
It has been suggested multiple times to contact a waterfowl reduce organization. Links have been offered. Can you future explain why your unable to do that?
I do not know of one in this state. If I do such a thing, I will be banned and then never know what is happening there. For someone outside to go to the park they would not know which ones were injured unless they inspected them all one by one. Except the no bill and the straight legged duck are obvious. The other issue is that I am reporting a state park. Not the same as a redneck who lives in a junkyard. I do not live in this state. But I come here every month. I'm sorry I have seen no links for an association in the state of Kentucky.

I have made professional suggestions from the veterinarian point of view. I have suggested better feed techniques. I have tried to tactfully express how difficult it is for this little duck to compete for food. It must dive for most of its food and now geese with longer necks make that competition more difficult. I have pointed out its lack of socialization, I have pointed out its loss of weight and its poor feathering. NOTHING WORKED. I have complimented the manager on her hard work and her skills.
When everything I tried just hit a brick wall, I tried to suggest she take it home to give it better care. She was quick to nix that idea. So I moved on to asking if she would give it away. Then I offered $100, then $200 because a member here met the situation with a $100 to donate toward the cause.
NOTHING will penetrate this womans heart. She is convinced that bringing in domestic ducks to a pond loaded with people who fish, cut their lines and leave fish hooks everywhere, is the right thing. She is so deluded she believes what she is doing qualifies the pond as a sanctuary. She had a 20% injury rate, increased the number of fowl and now the injury rate is 10%. Sanctuaries don't have this issue.
I understand this, I've read all of your posts, and it really sucks how hard you've tried and how many times you've been declined.
The problem is, nothing is going to chance this women's mind. You've tried everything. Its time to take a different approach and stop trying to reason with her, she can't be reasoned with.
Talk to a waterfowl reduce in the state, who specialized in rescuing waterfowl from bad situations. They will at least be able to look into the situation, and scout out the park these ducks are living in. If they're smart they'll see that these ducks are n a bad situation. They'll see your point of view and help. Its time to bring in reinforcements.
Good luck! I really hope that you can find someone who will be able to assist you in this. Wishing for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom