Duck Breed Focus - Cayuga

Oh, and no drake feather at 7 1/2 months. Cayuga Jane weighed in with the previous youtube vid and thinks they are both females...so I am just anxiously awaiting the other duck to start laying for confirmation :)
My memory is terrible!!!:oops:

They may start laying or they may wait until the spring. Mine that were born in March are still laying!

Yes Cayuga Jane, one of my two has been laying for about 6 weeks and I'm getting nearly one every day. I'm going to put a camera in the coop and try to figure out which one is doing the laying...I know drakes supposedly don't really "quack" but I still feel I may have a quackin' male!!! LOL! "He" is still mounting the other duck, is substantially bigger, greener, very protective of the other duck, and quacks!! II'll keep this thread posted :)

Yes Cayuga Jane, one of my two has been laying for about 6 weeks and I'm getting nearly one every day. I'm going to put a camera in the coop and try to figure out which one is doing the laying...I know drakes supposedly don't really "quack" but I still feel I may have a quackin' male!!! LOL! "He" is still mounting the other duck, is substantially bigger, greener, very protective of the other duck, and quacks!! II'll keep this thread posted :)
My drake daffy is a major quacker. He is louder and way more talkative then my girl daisy.

Cayugas turn white, whiter they are usualy means oh much older they are

Attachments

• cayold2.jpg
    cayold2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom