Duck Cam in the Coop.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sundevill11, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Sundevill11

Sundevill11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2014
    Oklahoma
    We considered having ours hooked up to a recorder but eventually decided against it.

2. dotknott

dotknott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    I just noticed your duck is "Lefty" Please tell me you had a "Dusty" too! [​IMG]

3. Sundevill11

Aug 23, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Nope, it was Poncha & Lefty. Poncha was originally "Pancho" until we found out that he was a girl. So we changed the name to better suit a female. I'm sure it's before your time but Google: Pancho & Lefty.

It's still hard to believe that she's gone. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. dotknott

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    Yeah Pancho and Lefty are a little before my time (the original anyway.) Dusty and Lefty were the Cowboys on Prairie Home Companion. (Played by John C. Riley and Woody Harrelson in the movie)

5. Sundevill11

Aug 23, 2014
    Oklahoma
    Post bath routine....
    [​IMG]

6. dotknott

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    I'm so pumped. My Solar setup should be here by the end of the week. I've been planning an automated coop raspberry pi build for quite a while but the first obstacle was power, so now with power taken care of, I can add the webcam, and get my pi build going.

I was thinking last night, I might try to automate the movement of the camera. So in the evening it points in the house, but during the day it points out to the stream where the ducks like hang out. If I can preset some locations on the pan/tilt I probably easily code the change to happen at preset times.

7. Sundevill11

Aug 23, 2014
    Oklahoma
    FYI, you can also get email notification of motion-activated events. In theory this would be nice if the camera were only used for home surveillance purposes however, for our intended use the email account would blow up due to simple motion of the ducks running around. I feel as though we have maximized the use of our camera one step short of recording the stream.

8. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Feb 23, 2016
    [​IMG]

9. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    I have a Lefty too! Popular drake name... and I thought it was original. He has angel wing on his left wing, so that's how I named him

10. Sundevill11

Aug 23, 2014
    Oklahoma
    My Lefty's naming is also a reference to:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by