Duck can't Lay..

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rainstorm, May 27, 2010.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Dont know if thise needed to be here or the duck section but anyway

I have a welsh harlequin who I think is between 2-3 years old.

She was laying good for awhile then stopped for a few days, Now i've gotten a total of 7 eggs from her within the last 4-5 weeks. Starting with a fart egg, Softshell, Softshell, Crushed, More softshells and a weird deformed egg that was half soft and half hard. Whats up? I havnt changed anything about their feeding and the others are laying great

Feed is Manna pro layer pellets mixed with a lil sweet feed and a small amount of crack corn threw in every once in awhile, along with greens sometimes, I gave her some yogurt and fed some egg to her a few times to see if that would help, Nothing. She acts just fine on all other things, eats good and is active

But for a side joke she is really intent to keep up with my other two halrequins, collecting eggs and she dropped out a softshell egg right in front of me so I wouldnt leave hers behind [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You might want to try feeding more laying feed and less sweet feed and cracked corn. [​IMG]

3. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:tried that also by cutting it out, How I normally do it is just plain layer with like a sprinkle of sweet feed over it, and hardely ever crack corn only when I have it which is the same way

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by