Duck crying?

Buttercup725

Songster
Jan 6, 2023
Deltona, FL
I had three ducklings and now have two. The third I had to send back to the farm where I got her because she was becoming a bully and was super anxious and my other two ducks were feeding off of her anxiety. My duck, Dill (6 weeks old), has been making a new sound. It almost sounds like chirping but not duckling chirps. Could it be possible that this sounds is due to the third duck not being around anymore?

Dill has been vocal NONSTOP, also head bobbing. It’s so odd how the behavior changed overnight!
It is also possible it is talking nonstop because it is happy that life is easier. Removing a bully duck can have immediate effects on the others. But they really don't seem unhappy in the video.

Here’s a link to the video

She made it hard to connect with so there wasn’t much of a bond there. I’m just glad that I was able to give her a home with plenty of other ducks. My other ducks have become laid back and social like the used to be.
Sounds like a girl quack developing???

Just sounds like your girls voice is just changing. I usually find they go super quiet when they are missing a duck or belting loud. They look fairly content overall. I had one duck, when her voice changed, she talked all the time. I am pretty sure she liked the sound of her own voice 😏
Dill has been vocal NONSTOP, also head bobbing. It’s so odd how the behavior changed overnight!

Back
Top Bottom