Duck egg air sac/humidity, am I doing this right??? (pictures attached)

Pics
How’s it going this morning?

One didn't make it and one is running around :jumpy:jumpy happily albeit needs a companion. I am trying to figure out where I went wrong with the incubation as of course I'd like to learn for next time. I am going to run through my notes and see if I can find something. I took notes daily on temp/humidity and everything else to see if I can find something I missed. They were shipped, I understand that the hatch % goes down but I thought I'd get a few to successfully hatch. I'll compare my notes to the articles about incubation and hatching - possibly will make a post asking for opinions -- obviously I am missing something somewhere :confused:

I am so sorry about the little one. :hugs any chance of picking up a duckling or 2 for this one running around happily?

Yeah thats what I am looking for now. I've called my local feed store and a bigger chain .. no one has any but Wilco said I could possibly special order some. I am going to attempt to find some today ... if not will just have to order some I guess. I am not sure about shipping birds , I used to work for the post office so I've seen em shipped and have seen them horribly packed (mostly dead) and packed with care and green stuff in a cup (guessing food of some sort) if I remember correctly. I should have **thought** about this outcome and had a plan .. now I know :confused: to at least think of a backup

Back
Top Bottom