Duck Egg Hasn’t Piped

Andypapeisaduck

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2021
My duck eggs are about 29 days old and I have checked all 12 of them and they haven’t piped yet. They are being sat on by the momma, I have candled them many times and they are alive. They are mallard or a pekin/mallard. Should I do something?

My duck eggs are about 29 days old and I have checked all 12 of them and they haven’t piped yet. They are being sat on by the momma, I have candled them many times and they are alive. They are mallard or a pekin/mallard. Should I do something?
Put your ear close to the egg to hear at least a small sound sometimes though when you are wearing earrings it may tap against the egg and you may think it's earrings.

Put your ear close to the egg to hear at least a small sound sometimes though when you are wearing earrings it may tap against the egg and you may think it's earrings.
I don’t wear earrings but I can go listen to the egg if that’s what your asking.

It’s ok, is there anything else I should do when I check for that as I have to let her outside while I check her eggs.

Candle the egg and if it's full it's ready to hatch so don't pick it up. If not it may have died or not fertile.
I candled all eggs earlier, I saw life in all of them and movement in a bunch too. I will go listen to the eggs soon. Is chirping good or bad?

I candled all eggs earlier, I saw life in all of them and movement in a bunch too. I will go listen to the eggs soon. Is chirping good or bad?
It's Great! Then it's gonna start hatching in a few hours. Could you feel it moving in the shell? If so it's gonna hatch soon also.

It's Great! Then it's gonna start hatching in a few hours. Could you feel it moving in the shell? If so it's gonna hatch soon also.
I just candled and saw the same results. I tried to listen to it but I can’t hear anything.

Back
Top Bottom