Duck eggs day 21 Air cell photos and Incubation pictures

These ducks are so particular! Today I decided Speck & Div’s friend was big and healthy enough to join the other 10. The duckling did great with the move and I thought all was well… until Div started hiding under the heat plate, not eating much. Only occasionally coming out for a quick drink, and refusing to eat from my hand. I was so concerned because Div has been doing great (just tiny) and I thought Div was the stronger of the 2. And suddenly Div was acting like a very unwell duckling.

After a few hours, I decided to bring back Div’s friend. Div instantly recovered and has been happy and normal ever since!!! I guess Div just missed his buddy! Oh well, these 3 will just have to stay together until they’re all ready to join the big group.

Speck didn’t care because Speck is in her own little world and doesn’t interact with the other ducklings much except to nap with them. I suspect this is why Div prefers the other duckling

Aren't they funny. They bond so tightly my 4 Indian Runners that came last Sept still do everything together they are best buds. They hang with the others but I see them off by themselves a lot too.

All of the ducklings got to go for a walk together. Speck had a good time although she had trouble keeping up sometimes. You can see the extreme size difference
6034C0A2-8DC7-4BCB-BE2D-D1B204CD49F9.jpeg
DF404D49-5FD9-4FDA-AA7A-96F71D965661.jpeg
989AB133-91AB-4421-855B-BD74ADD3D59C.jpeg

Speck looks good though she just has tiny Call duck syndrome . Seriously I hope she will continue to thrive, it sure sounds like she has a wonderful person caring for her and the others.

Here is Speck snuggling with her 2 friends:). Speck weighs 96 grams now and is eating and drinking very well. She got to go outside with the whole group for a little bit but the big ducklings tried to peck her so she spent most of the time sitting in my hand enjoying the sun. She also had another warm bath and realized it’s fun to stick your head underwater. She’s doing good I think, but I’m still very concerned about how tiny she is
1A7F51F0-43B4-4605-A5B6-5D948836FD82.jpeg

Is she full Runner or a mix? If mix do you know breeds? Just like us humans we all come in different sizes so Speck will be small size ( if she was human it would be easy finding clothes for her ) hopefully your concern won’t amount to anything since she’s eating drinking and gaining weight.

Back
Top Bottom