Duck Eggs in Lockdown - Peeping but no pips?

Pics

Abraeri

Songster
7 Years
Apr 12, 2017
Atlanta, GA
My Coop
My Coop
So it is Day 26 for my duck eggs and I put them into lockdown yesterday. I candled right before putting them into lockdown and could see shadows in the air cell in all of them except for 1 or 2. They were moving around as well. I put a no-slip liner underneath the eggs and positioned them so the bigger part if the air cell is facing upwards. Today I heard peeping, but still no external pips. I know duck eggs are supposed to hatch in 28 days and it's only day 26.

Just to make sure, if there are shadows in the air cell, that means they have internally pipped, right?

When should I expect them to externally pip?

Am I just being too impatient?

WAIT A SECOND! I just looked again with a flashlight and THERE IS A PIP!!!! Small one but one nonetheless
Perfect...Keep waiting and don't start helping..Won't hatch for another 24 hours or more. They pip then pip again right beside that one and then zip out and sleep lots in between each thing that happens..

Only one has pipped and not the one I expected too, there was one moving a lot yesterday but that one still hasn't pipped, at least I can't see it. It's not moving and I don't think it has actually made a hole. BUT STILL. So excited :)
You can pop a tiny and I mean tiny hole in the one that was rocking yesterday...It might of passed if it could not pip?..Or the pip is at the bottom...

Back
Top Bottom