duck eggs not piping 31 days

tielie135

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
100 mile house, BC, Canada
hey, got 5 duck eggs that are pure breed welsh harlequin and it is day 31 and not one has even internal pipped. all of the are still alive, I put a small hole at the top and the two that had no movement I made a small slit above the beak in the membrane and they were alive. still lots of blood in the membrane and quite some yolk attached (I had to make a larger hole in one as it was mispositioned and needed to be corrected, that is where I saw the yolk) now I want to know what I should do and what caused such a late / no hatch (so far) they were pulled out, sat for 30 minutes and wetted every day humidity is nice and high and not a single internal pip. one has been shadowing for the last couple of days but made no progress but hasn't slowed down, very active. so at what point do I intervene? I have only ever hatched duck eggs once before and they hatched a day late. thanks for any advice.

tielie135

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Is there blood?
the one that is shadowing and the one I opened
WIN_20200604_17_36_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200604_17_37_28_Pro.jpg

tielie135

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
You did say there is yolk?? I would leave them alone for know. Is that blood?

yes, it looks muck worse in the photo then it actually is. and yes i am 100% sure I saw a yolk.
okay. i will try and leave them alone. i put a chicken chick in the incubator to stimulate them but i dont think it is doing anything. (had some hatch last night)

CaliFarmsAR

Crowing
Apr 26, 2019
yes, it looks muck worse in the photo then it actually is. and yes i am 100% sure I saw a yolk.
okay. i will try and leave them alone. i put a chicken chick in the incubator to stimulate them but i dont think it is doing anything. (had some hatch last night)
Okay, when I hatch I like to have a hatched baby in my incubator to encourage the others to hatch! Are they taking?

Top Bottom