Duck Eggs Prices

I was paying $6 per dozen for (eating) duck eggs that a farmer friend sells at her stand, but she was buying them from else who raised them locally, so I'm not sure how much my friend was buying them for and how much she raised the price for at her stand.

Three of my girls are now consistently laying 1 egg each a day (but not the Cayugas - not one egg yet from those two lazy duckers!) so I won't have to buy any anymore. I think my girls' eggs are better and far prettier too than the ones I was buying. Not that I'm biased at all!

Once I start getting more, I'd like to sell them too, probably for around $6 a dozen because my eggs are a lot cleaner than the ones I was buying, and also because they are impossible to get around here.

North Alabama region, I'm selling mine $6 a dozen and I can't keep up with the demand! Pasture raised, non-GMO. but started with just pasture raised at the same price. If you can tap into your local asian market, you are golden.

Most of my customers are

1) asian, and grew up on duck eggs, and prefer duck eggs
2) are allergic to chicken eggs
3) want to eat duck eggs for their muscle training/ meal planning
4) are into baking (they make fluffier baked goods)
5) Pickling
6) just curious!

If you think that would be helpful to market towards any on the list, give it a try!

My ducks should be starting to lay sometime soon. They were hatched Oct 1. I hope to sell to the Asian population too. My accunpuncturist is Chinese so I hope I can sell them to her and her friends. I was thinking of trying $6 a dozen.

I charge $4 a half dozen, or $7 a dozen. Someone was trying to talk me down to $5 a dozen, so I called the local health food store... they charge $6.50 a HALF DOZEN! I'm sure mine are fresher, and treated better.

I think I am good at where I'm at! Quacktastick, even!!!

I cannot get people interested in trying duck eggs.  I don't know why.  And I only ask $3 dozen, same as eggs.  

You need to do a little education, and I also will give a 1/2 dz away to a perspective buyer... someone who buys chicken eggs a lot or a baker, etc. I then state: "You know what they say... once you go duck, you never go back to cluck!"
1f923.png

I cannot get people interested in trying duck eggs. I don't know why. And I only ask $3 dozen, same as eggs.
I cant give them away free! People just dont wanna try "duck eggs"... Thankfully, I have one good buyer, and thats all I need so far
smile.png

"You know what they say... once you go duck, you never go back to cluck!"
1f923.png
Stealing that, thanks
big_smile.png

He, He... I made it up. Nobody reeeeeaaalllllllly says that, but if you have ever tasted the difference between chicken and duck eggs, you KNOW its the truth!

I primarily use duck eggs, since my chicken eggs sell so well. That said, I still have 7 dozen duck eggs in the fridge.
barnie.gif

He, He... I made it up. Nobody reeeeeaaalllllllly says that, but if you have ever tasted the difference between chicken and duck eggs, you KNOW its the truth!

I primarily use duck eggs, since my chicken eggs sell so well. That said, I still have 7 dozen duck eggs in the fridge.
barnie.gif
I know you did
tongue.png
Hello, YES!!! Its just nobody wants to bite the egg and try it....
Once, I snuck a small duck egg into a box of chickens. Nobody noticed
big_smile.png

I haven't eaten a chicken eggs in months
cool.png
How many people do you have to buy your eggs?

Back
Top Bottom