Duck eggs

Emily Colwell

Chirping
Feb 20, 2024
So I looked yesterday at my eggs and turns out the baby duck is alive in the shell, I looked at it and it moved I'm pretty sure the beak is in the air Cell now because I saw something moving in the air Cell, He seems healthy but I'm not so sure when he is gonna hatch it should hatch today but I don't think it is I cant see inside the egg anymore while canceling it so thats also a good sign. When do y'all think it might hatch ???

Sorry you didn’t get a response yesterday.

– Has the baby pipped externally since?
– If not, could you get a picture of you candling from the air cell?

If you can’t tell if there’s an internal pip from candling, you can also try holding the egg up to your ear and tapping on the shell gently. The baby may tap or chirp back at you.

– What’s your temperature and humidity, and are you certain both readings are accurate? Many incubator readings are wrong, unfortunately.

The general guide for hatching ducklings is that it should take 28 days (excluding Muscovy), but I’ve had ducklings hatch on the 26th, others have had on the 30 or 31st. A late ducky isn’t always cause for concern.

Sorry you didn’t get a response yesterday.

– Has the baby pipped externally since?
– If not, could you get a picture of you candling from the air cell?

If you can’t tell if there’s an internal pip from candling, you can also try holding the egg up to your ear and tapping on the shell gently. The baby may tap or chirp back at you.

– What’s your temperature and humidity, and are you certain both readings are accurate? Many incubator readings are wrong, unfortunately.

The general guide for hatching ducklings is that it should take 28 days (excluding Muscovy), but I’ve had ducklings hatch on the 26th, others have had on the 30 or 31st. A late ducky isn’t always cause for concern.
The egg still hasn't hatched ide say its about on day 31 and it still has not hatched but I can see it breathing in the shell so I'm pretty sure its alive if I see slight movement

What type of duck egg is it? Are you positive on the day? It may be time for a safety hole, and depending on the situation a full assist. Read and study the assisted hatch article. Sorry not sure how to attach the link from my phone.

It is a Swd
What type of duck egg is it? Are you positive on the day? It may be time for a safety hole, and depending on the situation a full assist. Read and study the assisted hatch article. Sorry not sure how to attach the link from my phone.
It is a swedish Blue duck. Yes I am positive because it was found fertile the day of my dance which was last month the 26th so its about 31 days I'd say

Is the egg under a duck or in an incubator? Was incubation started on the 26th or what do you mean by found fertile?
The egg is under a broody chicken I found one was broken open and saw a forming baby duck so I was skeptical that there may be more babies in the other eggs so I checked and it was barley formed it was a red speckle so when I touched it my duck stopped laying on it so I put it in my broody hen box and now she is laying on it

Back
Top Bottom